Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
i LOVE getting older! seriously! i must be an odd duck or something. it's like a triumph. growing smarter, experiencing things only a certain stage of life would provide etc. i cannot wait to be 40! bring it on!

thanks Hillbillyhen. i needed that. guys...i could use prayers like crazy right now. new meds are really putting me through the ringer. if i am MIA for the next 2-3 weeks, it's because of the tremors and coordination issues. just keep me in prayer y'all!
hugs.gif

Quote:
I would love to be able to see if you still have that same attitude in twenty years. I too have never been anything but glad to be getting older. My life has been quite an adventure and I don't think that I would change any of it. Even the parts that were difficult have only contributed to making me who I am today. I thank God for each morning. MJ I hope you get your medications balance out soon. I'm sure God will give you the strength you need to get through it.

A final thought. Your entire life is spent in search of answers. When you finally discover them, you have gotten so old that you no longer remember the questions.
lau.gif

Morning all Thanks for the B-day wishes I had a good B-day spent it with the family and then the next day went fabric shopping LOL can't ask for a better day.

Happy B-day ChikeeMomma hope you have a good one today.

Well it looks like a nice day in the UP for Steve and his family. Sure hope he is enjoying it.

Guys don't you know once ya hit 50 time goes backwards for ya.

I think I should be committed, Is there a poultry 12 step program???

DW, DD, and I are in Sadusky, OH at the Great Wolf Lodge for Vacation, And I am checking out whats going on here....
he.gif

I just called my Buddy and checked up on my "Girls"...
barnie.gif

and DW asked what I wanted for Fathers Day and I told her I wanted the matirials needed to build an automatic waterer...

I need Help....
sickbyc.gif

idunno.gif

Good morning everyone!! Thanks for all the birthday wishes. Had a great day. Got loads of plants and flowers, plus family took me out to eat at our fave restaurant. Who could ask for more?!? Well, I didn't get any animals, but that's a different thread
lol.png

Happy belated or on time birthday Zoo and Chickeemamma!!

MJ -- my thoughts and prayers sent to you so everything works out

Looks like a beautiful day -- maybe play hookey and have more fun today!! Rain stay away!!

Have a great day!!

Last edited:
caf.gif

Good morning everyone! Hope all the birthday kiddo's had a lot of fun
smile.png
It is looking like a great start to the morning. I slept in late only to find that my kids are still out cold. Good timing to sit down, make some coffee and eat a bagel
smile.png

MJ, hang in there, my dad's meds did that to him too before they got everything balanced out
frow.gif

Staples Your ducks Look great, I'm HOping to get a pair of those.

Hope everyone has a great day.

last night we had camp fire, the sky was so clear, and all the star out, looks like will have a full moon tonight,

My daughter were out by the chins yesterday and they come running back, theres eggs under the logs, i go back there, and someone made a nest under the logs and there is about 20 eggs, here I'm wondering why some stopped laying, i though it was the feed we switched feed, and then there is 3 girls gone broody in the coop, now i know,
but i dont think any one is setting on them i think some of the girls are just using it lay their eggs. they are just driving me crazy
barnie.gif
, there going to start hatching about the 17th after that, i will start pulling them off.
smack.gif

gotta to go grocery shopping, the kids think there starving and they say we have no food, cabinets are full but we still have no food
hu.gif

MJ, you are always in my prayers.
hugs.gif

Hope all who had BDs had HAPPY BDs.
ya.gif

I have had chickens for over 3 years now and never lost a single one to preditors. This morning when I went to the barn, I was thinking the chicks were being pretty quiet so I went to see why they were sleeping in so late. ALL 47 chicks (2,3 & 4, week olds) were dead. I counted 39 that had been piled up in the nest boxes so the culprets had 8 for dinner. What would kill all of them but eat only a few and what would actually store the dead ones in the nest boxes?
idunno.gif

This is my wake up call to rethink the safety of my coop (barn). I am sure the baby killers will be back and they are not getting any more of my chickens.
somad.gif

Any thoughts on what killed the chicks and what would be the best way to pay them back for their dasterdly dead?

Quote:
oh my gosh! thank you so much! we are doing just fine. no one starving yet or wearing dirty clothes!
lol.png
you are too sweet!

Quote:
thank you so much, Sam! He promises us that He will give us the strength to get through it with joy and i claim it.

FRIZZLED HEN! oh my word! you are in my prayers too! this is horrible. i am praying about this right now!
hugs.gif

Boyd and Cristy i thank you so much! and everyone! i hope i didn't miss anyone. i appreciate you all.
hugs.gif

Hi all. Well the bug has hit my wife now. She said last night that we should get more chickens!
lol.png

I was wondering if anyone in SE Michigan has or will soon have any Welsummer eggs for chicks for sale before I go and order more through the mail?

Thanks,

Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom