Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
HBR: I have magic jack here and it works great. Are you on high speed internet? As if not you will have horrible packet loss with it refreshing and uploading/downloading your conversations. My mobile broadband is usually around 1 MB download and around 600kbp upload. I would think anything slower you would have issues.

Cheapest way is Boost mobile. Works off the IDEN Nextel towers. $50 a month.No contract, month to month, no hidden fees just $3 tax a month, everything is unlimited. incoming or out going minutes, internet on your phone, voice mail, no roaming blah blah. Its got it all. And all you need is a Nextel phone (good ole Craigslist or ask a family/friend for their old one) and buy a boost sims card for $20 and pop it in. You can even port your phone number (home or cell) you have to it free of charge.

That could have been the problem I have satillite internet it is fast but I cannot afford the superfast. And I understood that it would not work in cloudy days which was fine but it was nice and clear nothing bothered the internet so I knew it had to work. That is ok just going to to send back and try and work on something else for now.
They would not allow me to keep my phone # I have now either but that is ok. Ok I should say if you have satillite/dish internet be careful.

Yuppers satellite internet has big time packet loss on the upload, has to go to from your machine up to it then back down to you. I have a hughes net dish on top of my house. They got me for over $500 in equitment when it first became popular sucked me into a $99 a month contract for 15 months I believe it was. I was so happy to get rid of it and back to dial up for a while as it was so bad of a connection for me here.

Have you tried Snipe or yahoo calls? Snipe I used until I got magic jack. Worked fine,,, but again on mobile broadband but I dont know about satellite. But that one is only a download, nothing to buy but minutes. And I believe when you start up they give you a bunch f minutes free to check it out.

rant.gif
well my chickens are pooping out on me big time! Between the 7 BR hens I have I'm getting ONE....AS IN NUMERO UNO....egg a day.
he.gif
I can't even get enough to start a bater full. The last BR hens I had gave me beautiful eggs, and multiple double yokers. These guys are pinching out tiny little bites of an egg. Now the quality of the shell, the shape and the egg itself is good, but COME ON! lol I picked up these 2yr old hens a few months back and they were giving me 5 eggs a day then all the sudden the second week of september they went down to almost nothing then back up to 3 eggs a day and now only one. There's no evidence of an egg breaker (trust me I've searched and checked beaks!). They are molting and it's getting cold but this is a bit silly...I'm thinking that I need to find some BR eggs and get to hatching!
hu.gif
what else can I do! GRRRRR lol Anyone have some BR eggs?? Ok...done ranting LOL
th.gif

Quote:
I usually cut the meat into small cubes. Salt and season with Natures Seasonings and the brown quickly in skillet. Pack seared meat into pint jars leaving one inch of head space. I then cover meat with beef bullion and precook according to directions in Ball Blue Book.

Wow. I had no idea that one could can meat. Boy, do I have alot to learn. Hubby and I moved onto our farm in May, just in time to quickly get a garden going. This year, we plan to take some time doing it right. I'm determined to learn how to can so that I can preserve my harvest.

Hey, guess what? I cleaned out my son's drawers a couple of days ago. There were a couple pairs of jeans that were too torn to give away. I made a chicken apron today out of the butt part of one of the pairs. The jeans had an elastic band in it that you can adjust as your child grows. I took that out, and used it for the wing straps. I'm about to go out and try it on her to see how I did. LOL! Not only do I not know how to can...I don't sew, either. This will be interesting.

Can is really quite easy and I've only been canning or helping for 60 years so I have canned quite a few things. One thing I would recommend is the you get an All American Pressure Canner manufactured by Wisconsin Aluminum Foundry. Without a doubt the best on the market plus it doesn't require a rubber gasket as soon do.

Yummmy! Canned venison is awesome!! Canned meat period is awesome!! I love it!

Hey everyone!! I am feeling better and my youngest is feeling better too, Dr. gave her tamiflu and that really helped! She asked for seconds of her lunch today, so I would say she is on the mend!

Welcome to Jason, well, the new Jason!
frow.gif
Can never have to many BYC friends!!
clap.gif

Well, I did it. One down, and three to go. Is there a way to upload videos on here? I video'd Peaches talking to me in the tub. It's too funny!

36285_pb050064.jpg

36285_pb050065.jpg

36285_pb050068.jpg

Cute YakLady!!!

Opa---were you the one that posted a recipe called something like butter dips? They were a biscuit type thing. I was thinking of what to make for dinner and thought of that recipe, but when trying to search butter and dip on this site, I am getting now where fast. I think MJ made them and posted her results too. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom