Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
welcome-byc.gif
I love Traverse City. It was one of the first places we went camping when I first moved to MI.

Bluemoon

Just popping in for a quick Hello!! Gotta go grab some lunch while the little ones are napping. Sounds like a heat wave this week....I saw 38* on the weather!!! I will believe it when I see it!! lol

Quote:
I have a hen too. She looks like her. They are actually my daughters. She bought a pair off Shelley when we went to chickenstock. Both of them are a riot. The male protects me from the other two roosters, and the girl is very chatty. She is also obsessed with feet. I mean she LOVES feet.
gig.gif
She is very close to laying, and have caught her in the nest box a few times now.

Bluemoon

Quote:
I have a hen too. She looks like her. They are actually my daughters. She bought a pair off Shelley when we went to chickenstock. Both of them are a riot. The male protects me from the other two roosters, and the girl is very chatty. She is also obsessed with feet. I mean she LOVES feet.
gig.gif
She is very close to laying, and have caught her in the nest box a few times now.

Bluemoon

That is when I got mine lol she just started laying.

Haha Ok.
smile.png
That confirms that! I've been watching her this week, and she keeps watching the big girls in the nest box, and then gets in herself. She hasn't had an egg yet, but I figured she must be close. The male silkie has been trying to mate her also, but she was having none of that.

Bluemoon

I've never had silkies but Cass wanted them. I told her ok, but don't get white because the free range. I love the colors, and they hardy, smart little buggers. The rooster is a riot. He dances, and chats away. I have also watched him put the Wynette Boys in their place several times now, and he has even helped me catch Stevie to bag balm his comb.
lol.png

He's a keeper for sure. He has kept everyone in line.
smile.png

Bluemoon

I had a broody that hatched eggs from Shelley. Had a roo that was the same coloring....he was so sweet, but couldn't keep him cuz I have a nasty neighbor that doesn't like roos. I did get to keep one sweet lil girl from the hatch and Shelley gave me a sweet tiny lil girl. They are the sweetest hens!!

Yeah, they are both very friendly! Our girl looks just like citalk2much's hen ( fixed because Opa pointed it out.
tongue.png
). The male is in the photo with Stevie, and Houdini. He's actually big now! I was surprised how large he's become.
gig.gif
I thought silkies were supposed to be small.
The girl is a bit smaller than him, but I don't think she knows it.
roll.png
When we finally let them in with the flock to free range the other girls were curious about the silkies because they looked different. They ended up being very friendly to the silkies, but giving the Wynette Boys a hard time.
roll.png

If we get more silkies later ( I should probably say when since I know Cass wants more) we will definitely get them from Shelley.

Bluemoon

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom