Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
HBH, glad you had a good time this weekend!

The geese arrived today.... I think they were a little lost in their newhome, but didn't have any problems moving the chickens over and hogging the heat lamp! I wish it was nicer out today so I could have enjoyed being out with the geese and letting them loose for a while. But we definatly needed the rain!

My friend and co-worker in Washington state is getting chickens... I referred her to this site.

Last edited:
Hi Folks, sorry I didnt reply yesterday but I had company most of the day. (explanation is below LOL)

Imlay City was a lot of fun ..got to meet babette, shellyb, and vicki. Was great to see you all.

Babette, we got the parts for the brooder right there at the swap, only $20 and replaced everything, we even rewired it when I got home ..

Girls the reason I didnt come back to chit chat more was..you see the gentleman that was with me, I met online about 5 months ago. Have been talking to him over the phone and in chat for that long and never met in person. Well he knew I was going yesterday to Imlay and both his boys were there with his ex sister in law to sell chickens. He just "happen" to pop up and find me there. NOT like my pepsi blue truck doesnt stick out like a sore thumb. So I was kind of in shock. A tad upset that he didnt tell me his plans as I had no make-up on, my hair was as wild as Phillis Dillars, I had my best "farm chore clothes on" LOL any hooo....we came back here and redid the brooder before the rain started. Its all done and Jamie is very happy with it. So thank you Babette!!!

It was a wonderful day and I aquired a few new friends. What more could a person ask for??

Opa,
missed ya dearly. You would have fit right in with all us gals talk'n chickens.

Did you all see the pairs of black swan babies? I seen them and told Jamie I wanted a pair , I went back just over and hour later and only one baby left. Sheeeeeeeeesh they are costly. Anyone know of a breeder near the Lapeer area ? I would like to put a pair on my pond/swap for next year.

My Sebastopol's are doing great in their new corn crib and my Sebbie baby Ms. Matuse da Galoose is the sweetest thing ever. She's in the house with me and has a duckling as a companion. She already talks to me when she hears my voice. Gosh I love these geese. If anyone wants to trade a Splash gander for a white, I have an extra one and he's a very large bird and beautiful color.

YakLady : lock down is tomorrow, I sure hope they start hatching. As I ve had some horrible issues with that one incubator ..temps going up to 103, down to 90 ..its been heck. Had a pekin cross hatch today , dont know what the cross is as the people I got my trio from had lots of ducks. But he's white and black. Cute little thing.

Cold as heck today, rain for 16 hours ..I got not one thing done. So its double time tomorrow as I have so much yard work to do yet before planting season.

HBH: So glad your reunion went wonderful. Im sure you 2 picked up right where you left off

Mom3em: Good luck with your rescue duck. They are hardy little buggers, Im sure he'll be fine.

10233_coffee_4.gif
Coffee is ready and another week is off to a good start. Looks like the weather forecast will depend upon where you are at. The forecast basically was if you are located where it's raining you might get wet, and if you are where it's not you won't.

Mark and his wife were here yesterday and picked up the bantam hens so now I'm down to 41 birds. I wonder how long that will last? I think I may plug on of the incubators in today and fill it tomorrow. Hopefully some of you will be interested in spangled hamburg, blue orpingtons, and vorwerks.

Good Morning everyone!!
Sounds like everyone had a nice weekend, too bad the weather was so cruddy Sunday. Looks like today will be nice.
My SO and I went to Imlay City Saturday. It was nice to talk to Michelle briefly, sorry I didn't get to meet any of the rest of you in person. Vicki I may have spoke to you, just didn't realize it was you. That was the first swap I have every gone to. I enjoyed seeing all the different birds so much I came home and got my sleepy head girls and took them back to look again.
I am hoping everything dries up early today so we can finish working on the outside runs for my new breeding pens.
Hope everyone enjoys their day!!
Julie

OD, well if he can't accept you for who you are, which ever way you looked that day.. he won't be worth it!

Opa... LOL!

I spent most of my weekend laid up with a bad back... managed to do a few things but spent the rest of the day laying down.... today isn't off to a good start either.... good thing I can get away with sitting most of the day.

** anyone else have a sleep number bed? Do you like it? I'm not liking mine....Seems like every time I adjust the bed to accommodate an issue, it gets worse!

What do you have for a matress?

Last edited:
Quote:
We used these folks last year to process the birds my daughter raised and auctioned off at the fair. They did a nice and quick job and I would recommend them if anyone was looking for a poultry processor. They are located a few miles north of Caro.

Last edited:
Quote:
Oh darn, that would have been fun to say hi! I even wore my BYC sweatshirt, thought that would catch everyone's attention. Of course, by the end, I had to put my coat on, it was getting chilly.

Quote:
Vicki how could anyone see your shirt? You had that adorable Roo you were holding. LOL

Maybe the next swap at Wolf Lake, we can put up a BYC sign on one of the Truck/Van roofs and everyone plan to park near each other???? Was nice to see Babatte, Ellen and Vicki all in a row. Didnt have to go far to meet up with everyone.

Aww Julie, wish we would have known you were coming, would have like to have met up with you and the kids.

SillyChicken it all worked out fine and he's a very nice man. And boy is he handy. Reminds me of Opa. Always putz'n around being constructive. Heck my daughter thinks he's great as he rebuilt that brooder for her while he was here. LOL

The Chickens, Ms Matuse, ducks and I just shared some peanut butter and toast. Time to make up for a lost day of work yesterday. Sure hope the sun comes out soon. As Im still chilled to the bone from yesterday.

Last edited:
I was just reading the Bird and Game Sale that MBGB puts on that I picked up Saturday at the swap.

Seems they have another big one Jun 12th right near chickenstock meet up at 1025 S. Cochran Road Charlotte Mi 48813. Thats isnt that far. Think we'll hit that early in the morning then come to chickenstock.

Also one Aug 7th in Clare, September 18th in Montrose and October 9th in Hudsonville.

Just thought Id share

Morning Gang....It seems to me I've seen a portable coop made out of PVC pipe and chicken wire that someone has made....I'd like to make one tomorrow and have the girls do some garden work for me...anyone have pics or a link? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom