Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I let the Cayugas and older male call out to roam around the yard, but they never stay out long or wander very far. I have 3 two month old calls that have only been interested in wandering out once. Today they decided to try it again. The Cayugas are very protective of the call babies and today was no different. When they decided it was time to go back into the duck run, they literally rounded up the little girls and walked them back to the duck run. SO freakin' cute!!!

Picture028.jpg

Last edited:
Good morning. This is the start of my 6th week working out. Yesterday I actually got a mile in in just under 30 mins.

The Dr. ajusted my back yesterday. I had it so wacked out of place it was pulling on my rib. No wonder it hurt so bad. Still very tender around ribs but getting better. I was actually able to sleep better, that and a good pain med she perscribed me.

I sure hope to go to Fowl Fest one year.

Quote:
Congratulations on starting week #6!!!! I am on week #9 of P90X and we did a new tape yesterday...I am very sore today! Amazing how using muscles just a little bit differently how they let you know that you used them!!!

Finally back home. Speaking of using muscles differently, I hadn't handled any hay since 1978 and this trip a helped pick up 1000 bales from Joe's field and put it in the hay mow. Talk about protesting parts.

If anyone is interested...

a friend of mine has for sale 2 smooth breasted sebastopol geese, about 3 1/2 months old, straight run...one blue, 1 grey splash? If anyone is interested, just pm me for a price and a pic. She really needs to sell them soon...she has WAY too many. LOL

Welcome back home, Opa! Those muscles are reminding you that you are grateful you don't have to do that any more!

My husband loves to tell me all about how he used to spend his summers baling hay for a penny a bale- and I remind him that he couldnt/wouldnt do that again..hahaha...or I will say, "then raking the yard should be easy for you. Heres the rake, dear..."

Yay, welcome back Opa!
smile.png

So, I spent the night in the ER. I guess that was a long time coming, but I might be feeling a slight bit better now. We'll see how the day goes.

One of my old BR died this morning. She was looking pretty pale yesterday. I was more concerned about "Big Mama" but everyone was too busy trying to get me to go to the ER. I finally made it in about 10 pm and didn't leave until about 4am after a few rounds of IV pain meds, antibiotics and loads of fluids.

We think Big Mama just died of old age. The guy we got the 3 from said most of his were pretty old, but still laying. This one never laid an egg but she was funny and sweet. I'm happy to say she had her favorite snack yesterday...scrambled eggs and cheese! I know many people who would tell me she's just a chicken, but she was a pet to me!
hit.gif

Picture024.jpg

We called her Big Mama because she thought she was bigger than everyone...and so did everyone else like her sisters!

It feels great to be back home. I couldn't believe the weather we experienced the entire trip. Not one single day did the temperature reach 80 degrees. Many mornings the temperatures were hovering around 40 and it never rained once. Everything in south west Missouri was still green and it was beautiful to see the colors of the trees become more intense as we drove north.

I haven't had time to give the birds much more than a cursory look since arriving home. One bird, a gold laced wyandotte died the day before I got home. I bought here 2 summers ago when in Missouri and she was supposed to be a young bird but who knows.

Good morning..... my cousins little girl is sitting across from me calling me over and over again. Banana...banana...banana...that is what it sounds like when she says my name.
gig.gif

Got my workout in this morning. I made the mistake of increasing my weights and boy does my rib hurt now. Thursday is the hardest. I am so tired.

Sounds like you had a nice trip Opa. Your back for a nice weekend it sounds like. Sunny and in the low to mid 60's sounds almost perfect to me.

Hi all!

Today is our really busy day. Jack woke up sick, but he made it to the toliet! Which made my day
smile.png
He is fine now and playing Wii.

Rearranged our schedule some, but got most things done.

Off to finish dinner.

Sarah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom