Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, thanks RIR for asking that question and thank you Opa for that info.

Has anyone use the adjustable metal leg bands? I have not seen them this affordable. I have several breeds and was hoping that one size would fit all. But with the plastic number bands that is just not the case. Just thinking the next time I need/want leg bands I could give these a try?

Hope everyone is having a sunny day.
Dawn

It really is beautiful outside. Too bad the little one got me sick and now I feel too awful to go out and enjoy it.
sad.png
Not that scooping dog poop and cleaning up all the junk the dogs drag all over the yard is all that enjoyable.

Quote:
Well now I feel like a whiner! I guess I'll take a gravely throat over hurt ribs.
sad.png
Hope they get better fast. That can't be any fun at all. Somebody better be taking good care of you.

I was bad...... I went to TSC... and I was weak.... they had buff orphingtons for 1.00...... so I got the 5 that were left. I wouldn't have gotten them but... I also got 3 turkeys and needed some fluffy peanuts to keep them warm.... I still want to get some heritage turkeys some day, but these are going to be a trial run for me... they're just BB whites.

Good thing my DH is out of town all week!
big_smile.png

I going to have 23 hens in the coop this spring. My 11 from last year and 12 pullets this year. I've seen the bands for sale in a few of the magazines & catalogs. What is the reason for banding your chickens?

I've hunted waterfowl, Geese & Ducks....the DNR & National Wildlife Service bands waterfowl so that they can track migration patterns ( where the birds are coming & going to and from) & they age birds at the time of the banding project. I've worked banding geese in the past at a few of the Wildlife Refuges here in Michigan and it is a neat project.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom