Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted an ad for portraits to build my portfolio. Here is the ad if anyone is interested..

http://lansing.craigslist.org/grd/2525515955.html

By the way, none of those animals are mine except the rooster. That's Gandalf, the massive Jersey Giant we got for free at chickenstock. If you were there he was the one in the back of the truck that Uncle_Bubba and Nitefyre so graciously gave us. Haven't seen them in a while here (oh and where's Theron too??) but he's still one of our faves here. He LOVES to be cuddled and talked to and he'll take popcorn out of our hands!!

Anyway, if anyone is interested in some portraits please let me know!
smile.png

Another warm day coming up. This heat sure has kicked the cucumbers into high gear. This year when I planted the garden I used cuccumber seeds. Six seeds stuck in the ground next to a section of the garden fence has resulted in a wall of vines 12' and 7' high that you can't see through. We have been picking for a couple of weeks but last night I picked at least 50.

I'll be glad when this week is over. Getting up this early and leaving for work will make an old man out of me. Wait I already am an old man.

Quote:
Bummer. Up early and back to work for me to. This was a 4 day weekend for me but now I will pay for it since my coworker will soon be off on vacation. Lordy only 15 more years till retirement.
Should have checked the cukes last night since mine are going crazy too. Tomatoes are just starting for me. Getting handfuls of grapes and 2 large tomatoes so far. And I will have corn soon! Summer is slipping by, so sad.

Here in the UP we are getting rain, desperately needed rain. An entire day of rain is forecasted, which is awesome. Apparently we are supposed to get two inches of the wet stuff over the day.

I do feel bad though, since my neighbor JUST cut his hayfield, so all that freshly cut hay laying out in the field will be sopping wet and worthless.

It is raining here and less than 70 degrees- my kind of day!!
We burn wood for heat and early in the season when the fire is not going 24/7, you sometimes have to start a fire in the morning. I would get so frustrated trying to find the lighter in the basement that I bought one of those BBQ Bics and tied it to the chair by the woodstove. As for the remote, I think I had it in my hand once when my husband was out of town...

Quote:
Remember, this is her Golden Birthday since she is turning 13 on the 13th. It's a big deal with the kids around here, though I had never heard of it until I had kids.

She will totally love those socks.

We are getting "sprinkles" here hickchick! PLEASE OH PLEASE give us rain all day also....they call for it.

Opa you aren't a old man....you are "seasoned" or like I refer to myself " aged like a fine wine"!!
lol.png

Last edited:
Found the remote. Hubby had to get out and finish the lawn so went to put his boots on, there it was, musta fallen off the end table, or one of the cats knocked it off. I remember our son did that once to either a remote or phone or something, dropped it in his dads cowboy boot when we lived in Kansas. He rarely wore those boots and it took forever to find.
All is well, now the ground can quit shaking.
lol.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom