Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
THX SO MUCH...I would really want to plan on going this year ...i will watch the room
smile.png
...peace yall:cd

Miss Chante-pants laid the first egg that I actually CAUGHT today...so my year is starting on a good note.
But I ran into town to go to church and discovered it was cancelled so wasted 28 miles.
Getting rid of LG incubator, don't like that my whole batch of eggs seems to be lost, ordered a new Brinsea last night, they are on sale right now folks, but if anyone wants a cheap LG I'll let it go for about $20 after I sterilize it. Hatch ends wednesday.

Happy New Year! Hope everyone is home safe.

Was actually going to try for June 23rd for chickenstock.. Want it to be warm enough for all the chicks that will be coming. I know I can't make everyone happy. I'm sorry, but know any one date will not be perfect for everyone.

Quote:
I got an 'antique" from my mom. It's a book written in 1911 called Pratts Poultry Wrinkles. They were distributed to Feed Dealers for customers to take home FREE and learn most anything poultry. Here's an excerpt: A practical book...valuable to the beginner, the farmer, small poultry man, and to the man who raises thousands of chicks. It's in mint condition and is a very fun read.The one I have was stamped M.J. VAN ANDEN, FEED DEALER, NEW HAMBURG N.Y.

OK, I've done the search, and read a few ideas. Here's the problem. My hens roost about 5 feet up. I never had layers and now a 12 week old BR decided to lay (my first eggs BTW). She drops them from the roost and 2 out of three broke (obviously). I just installed the nesting boxes yesterday just high enough for them to walk under. I noticed two boxes had been sat in but there was a broken egg under the roost. How do I teach her to lay in the box?

Quote:
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah that eggcited me. I had to pretend I didn't notice her and did some work in the coop around her. She stayed setting. Then she just stood up like she needed to stretch her legs and BOINK, a wet warm egg, obviously HERS. Ive saved it aside so when the new Brinsea comes I can do some of her eggs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom