Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, I forgot!

Veena has started laying proper eggs again. Only now, I can not find Skatters eggs. Vanna and Vonna have been not laying lately either as much. They've been taking turns. I think they are starting to lose their down... Will that slow production? I have a lot of fluffy white under feathers in the coop. Roger is mounting Leila again, so does that mean she will start laying again soon? And I think Skeeter is laying, because I keep getting a small pink egg again. 2 in a row. I am thinking its Skeeters, because she is my only pink egger. Is that possible? I mean, her chicklets are only going on what... 4 weeks? Either that, or the egg is really Skatters... Could that happen? Change from green to pink? Maybe they are pranking me. I have been not getting them out of the coop these days till 10:30, they are normally out by 9. This 3rd shift is kicking my butt. I need to not go to work until 4 instead of 3, so I get 5 hours of sleep before I get up. LOL. I think they are messing with me. SO, anyway, is that possible? Or could Skeeter be laying again already?

Nova - Mama started laying again about a week and a half ago when her babies were 5 weeks old.

Dr. Mick Fulton will answer your questions about disease. 517-353-3701 or [email protected] and if you have a bird die, he recommends that you keep it cool and wait to see if other birds in your flock die. If several die then bring him the birds and he will do a necropsy on the bodies and diagnosis your flock problem. There is a charge from $80-160 for that service. Advice on the phone and email is free. He may ask you to send a photo with your email.

My main thing is I do not want to stay the ngiht at the hospital. I want to come home. I need to be here to say, "feed the chickens.." Let the dog in" , "Let the dog out"...Turn off the kitchen light.
These are things my family does not do until I remind them. Olive, I didnt quote you- but saw your comment- yeah, they would understand..but then again....I know she is turning fourteen, she should understand.
Did the doctor say you would need to spend the night? My doctor said I would go home the same day, which I did. I showed up 2 hours before the surgery and went home a few hours after. In all I think I was there about 6 or 7 seven hours.

Well, I just want you all to know, I failed!
hit.gif

I took my daughter to her doctor appointment this afternoon and decided after to stop and see what chicks they got in. It wasn't planned at all, I swear, but now there are 5 little chickies in my front room. 2 austalorps and 3 supposed aracauna. I say supposed because the last ones I bought turned out ee instead which I'm sure these will, too.
The key to my failure: my daughter.
Take my advice. Do Not take your kids when your checking out the chicks.
tongue.png

Chicken Grandma (the tall one) and Snowflake running off with all the handouts we could carry to bring you at Chickenstock!!! (Dr. Karcher said it was fine to bring those for you!)

I am in Holt Michigan outside of Lansing. Started with chickens about a year ago. I bought to pair of Serama from Jerry the gentleman who brought the breed to America. I started with B and D class and continued to buy eggs from other Serama breeders now I Have A and Micro A birds as well. Also am raising Coturnix quail and White Silkies, Mille Fleur, Cochin, and Seabrights. My mother was instrumental in this operation to get it going and has bought for spring (May) delivery Sultans, Spitzhauben, and Favorelles. We also have a couple of Polish roosters. All of my chickens are separated so no mixing of the breeds. I buy from NPIP sellers but havent been able to find a tester for my flock so I can be certified. Anyone know someone in Michigan who does this around my area. I really enjoy hatching eggs as my mother bought me a Sportsman incubator for Christmas last year. The picture on my profile is an Appenzeller Spitzhauben. Really like this bird.

Contact me if you know of a tester in my area. Email me at [email protected]

It is a pleasure getting to know all of you Michiganders.

Spent a nice afternoon hanging out with my birds. So nice out, everyone enjoyed it. Crossing fingers,,,, really want a broody!
fl.gif
Had one set all day, and no egg....? Father in law gave me a few packs of daffodils and tulips the other day, late i know but they're peeking so i am looking for a spot for them. So excited to mess with my flowers again!

Mom 2em All THEY ARE GONEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEI found their little dead selves...out in the woodchips outside the coop. Same place where some of the eggs had ended up. :(
hit.gif

RaZ Awww. If they werent such "pooping machines"....

NovaAman Could that happen? Change from green to pink?
supposed to stay the same. Yes, my roo seems to know when it's time to do his rooster duties
wink.png
Started a few days before each girl started.
I would've thought they'd wait longer? Hmm. well, no experience here, still waiting for one of my hens to set.

Well, I just want you all to know, I failed!
hit.gif

I took my daughter to her doctor appointment this afternoon and decided after to stop and see what chicks they got in. It wasn't planned at all, I swear, but now there are 5 little chickies in my front room. 2 austalorps and 3 supposed aracauna. I say supposed because the last ones I bought turned out ee instead which I'm sure these will, too.
The key to my failure: my daughter.
Take my advice. Do Not take your kids when your checking out the chicks.
tongue.png
They have SLW at the FFH here! I almost walked out the door with them... I was sooo tempted. And they have the cornish cross meaties for $1.49 a chick, but I think they are on sale for $.99 right now, at least that is what Carl said. I am tempted to go get 6 of each... OH, I have to build a new coop first! SO, I have to wait for my next bonus check... But I really want them SLWs... I managed to walk out with a rake and 2 new egg cartons. LOL. Oh but I wanted to rescue them chicks from the tubs...

I also took chick pictures today. Looking for those of you who can tell the girls from the boys. They are all getting so big.

This is Earl. Ameraucana. I'm thinking girl. This is my favorite of the batch because she loves to snuggle and be held.

Spike, Polishegger ?? hoping it's a girl. The noisiest of the bunch.

Toes, Cochin cross, Not sure doesn't like to be held.

Boz, Maran cross, I'm thinking roo, this is the really bald guy.

Monk, Welsummer, I'm sure it's a roo.

They all fight for a spot on their little roost. A bit at the rumpled stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom