Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
There has seemed to be a streak of bad luck for a lot of people lately. There also has been a lot of support that I am certainly appreciative of.

Several weeks ago, I suggested a "no whine Wednesday". Maybe we can add a "tickler Thursday" or a "funny Friday", tell a joke, post a funny, something to make smile.

On a happy note, American Goldfinches have returned to my yard. They were absent for quite some time but I'm hoping they are back to stay.
fl.gif
Hope you don't get into any more trouble for having more birds in your backyard!! Do you have a permit to have them finches on your property??
roll.png

BYFM-

Did you tell him you have a sickness? Called Chickenmath? Tell him it is contagious, and he is lucky he seems to be immune?
Really hard to be sneaky when they have to be in a brooder with a heat source...hey! You mean he would notice?
You cant have them on the kitchen table for weeks before he says, "where did these come from?" and you can say, "those have BEEN here"...and roll your eyes?
roll.png

Or do the whole, "Um, I CAN'T have more?" "should I call you 'Dad'? Because we are Partners, not parent/child, so telling me I CANT, well, that really makes me feel like a child and you are an adult...so by saying I can't- well, Im just going to HAVE to go get more now,......teenage rebellion, you know....."

not that I have done any of that of course..
hide.gif
He is NOT immune... he HAD to have the BRs from chicken stock...
He is afraid of the chickens getting sick and chicken poo. In the book I read it said the more space you have for the chickens to run durring the day the more you could keep in a coop at night. This book said for a 3'x3' coop you could put 2 dozen chickens in it... That is if they have plenty of room to roam in the day.
I would NEVER put 2 dozen chickens in my 3'x4' coop!! That just seems cruel, but my chickens do have plenty of room... So 11 might not be soooo bad...
A few roos will be dinner anyway... or rehomed
Anyone want a BR roo? He is ready to service some purdy ladies!!!!

Forget paint, I was thinking round-up, see how the city likes that
lau.gif
no more grass or weeds to mow
gig.gif
If you are going to go that route... just salt everything... nothing will grow for a hundred years
th.gif

Here, too. First they said 30% chance, and a huge cell over in TC was heading this way, went for a walk with the dogs, they upped it to 80% but when I looked at the radar, it's falling apart on the east side of the state.
barnie.gif
DH was even out there tempting fate using his chain saw but all he felt were a few sprinkles before he came in.

In the meantime, I'm trying to clean up the house while listening to music, but David Bowie isn't inspiring me today. Need something faster than Diamond Dogs. Maybe U2 will be better. First another walk with my dogs though.
Looking at the radar.....looks like the rain is breaking up in the last 3 miles over the lake before it hits land where I'm at.
barnie.gif
I hope it' just the leading edge that does that and we get some good stuff that pushes through. On Tuesday is split and went around us. We got to hear the thunder to the north and south, and then the cells merged back together east of us. Ooooooh we need rain!!!

It is really pouring here!
hide.gif

Sorry the rain missed some of you.
It hasn't rained like this in so long that the chickens have no idea what to do.
hu.gif
Sit and eat I guess...

There is a festival this weekend... I wanna take Hunan my showgirl roo and walk around with him.
I think people would be really interested.
I wonder if that is illegal to do???

Several years ago I had planted 6 flowers around my mailbox. Around this same time I had been complaining about a very large tree that supposedly belonged to the city because it was on the opposite side of the sidewalk. It was rubbing on our house and had killed some of the roofing material. No one came out to do anything yet they gave me a $225 ticket for the flowers. I went to court over it because it didn't make sense to me that they would complain about a few flowers, on my side of the sidewalk on the edge of MY yard but they wouldn't take care of their ****** tree that was ruining our house. I won but two years later when we sold the house that tree still hadn't been taken care of. Two years ago a tornado came through and the winds knocked that tree over, straight into what was our bedroom and they had to rebuild that whole upstairs corner.

This is the only thing I hate about small towns and the reason why I'm glad we live outside of town.

Who "they" had tto rebuild (pay) ?

It is going too far. The ordinance states that anything, anywhere over 6" is ticketable so that includes gardens and edging around fences/posts. I wouldn't even have weeds if the railroad trimmed their property like they are supposed to but they don't get ticketed. This town goes too far with everything. I wasn't even moved in when they stopped by about my dogs (pitbulls) which were there while we were painting and cleaning. Can't even park in the street without a permit and cars must be parked in the driveway not on the lawn ever!

And my taxes, $2000 a year and I paid $14,500 for my house last March!!!!!!! Fire everyone and let us be!

Rant over
big_smile.png

How does one grow a garden in such a town?

I hope it doesn't rain tomorrow. It has like a 70 % chance!

Doesn't ??????

There has seemed to be a streak of bad luck for a lot of people lately. There also has been a lot of support that I am certainly appreciative of.

Several weeks ago, I suggested a "no whine Wednesday". Maybe we can add a "tickler Thursday" or a "funny Friday", tell a joke, post a funny, something to make smile.

On a happy note, American Goldfinches have returned to my yard. They were absent for quite some time but I'm hoping they are back to stay.
fl.gif

Would they not spread seeds? Oh no !!!!

For those of you that need hay, this guy has 50/50 mix bales for $3ea..... scott 616-915-3906 he's in belding

It's raining, it's pouring, the old man is snoring (well he is, he worked last night). My brown lawn needs help!!
Did anyone see the article about the man that painted his lawn green because his city had a watering ban? I thought it was rather creative.
Keyt..... I would be willing to take a field trip to therons if you wanted to go
Have a good day all.... may it rain all day!!!
Hmm that would be fun. I won't have money til next month I don't think. I didn't realize you weren't that far from us!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom