Mid January Hatch thread....

Hansen, if you still have 4 days to go, that's way too early to stop turning them. Have you candled them at all? I'm excited to see your babies, I love silver laced wyandottes.

At the beginning of day 19 (so you have all day 19, all day 20, and unknown part of day 21), you should stop turning the eggs, and bring the humidity up to around 65-75% humidity. You don't get to open the incubator or otherwise mess with them during that time, hence the term "lockdown".

So, Whittni, when my eggs were due on a Saturday, my incubator stopped turning on Thursday.

I would, yes. And then at the beginning of day 19, then take them off and bring your humidity up. Have you already started to raise your humidity?

yes I have but I have not candled is it too late for that?

You have resisted the urge to candle THIS WHOLE TIME??? How did you do that? I wanted to candle much more often than I should have ~~~ DH even hid my flashlight so I was forced to wait lol

How many do you have incubating? I think you could safely candle one or two, just to check your development, but I wouldn't leave the lid off that incubator for too long... but that's just my opinion...

I'm sure they will be okay. They are tougher than you think! I candled way to much, and got a 90% hatch rate with eggs shipped to me (in MN) from Tennessee!!

Back
Top Bottom