Mid January Hatch thread....

I'm so proud of my Silkie girl she hatched out 4 gorgous little ones tuesday and has shown them how to eat and drink all while sitting on the two turken eggs that will hopefully hatch in the next day or so, I moved them out of the pot and into a open end box and I put the water and food dish at the edge of the box and some food in the box so they wouldn't have to leave mom for long even though they hae a heat lamp too since its a little cold outside it's 25 and 3 of them got in the food bowl and ate a bit it was so cute. Im hoping the turken eggs will have pipped when I get home. I just love fuzzy butts
love.gif

Yay for all of you!!!!

I am so glad we have some fuzzy butts! *well, slimy butts, but they will fuzz up...

Congrats to all, and show us more pictures!!!

I went to give Matilda (my broody sitting on bantam eggs) a snack just now & heard distinct PEEPING!!!!! It sounds like one may be out or nearly so- it was pretty loud, and there were some softer peeps (from inside the shell?) as well. Either way, Matilda kept up a series of low clucks (and hisses at me... until she saw the mealworms in the cup) and kept looking at her belly.

They're a couple of days early- but they're on their way out!

love.gif

I went to give Matilda (my broody sitting on bantam eggs) a snack just now & heard distinct PEEPING!!!!! It sounds like one may be out or nearly so- it was pretty loud, and there were some softer peeps (from inside the shell?) as well. Either way, Matilda kept up a series of low clucks (and hisses at me... until she saw the mealworms in the cup) and kept looking at her belly.

love.gif

Awesome!!! Make sure to post some pictures of the cuties... If Matilda will let you near them lol

love.gif

LOL! I DO!!!! But I value my hands & eyes, so I wont! I'm fairly sure one of them is out & wiggling around. She keeps sitting up, craning her neck & tucking *something* underneath her breast feathers. She's facing the wrong way for me to see much of anything tho. I'll be sure to get pics when I can!

In the meantime... broody cam! (I've gotta move it to a better spot tonight!)

My eggs just entered lock down for a 1/21 hatch date. I cannot wait!!! I started with 42 "mutts" and culled 10 "blanks" along the way. Now I sit and hope that the remaining 32 are all girls!
fl.gif

They gang is in a Genesis incubator for it's 3rd hatch. The first hatch was excellent, the second was reduced but the preset temp had dropped to 98.5 degrees. I adjusted the presets and the bator has maintained a temp between 99.8 and 100.2 for this batch (unless I have the lid open for candling etc).

Jennifer and the Atlanta chicks

My eggs just entered lock down for a 1/21 hatch date. I cannot wait!!! I started with 42 "mutts" and culled 10 "blanks" along the way. Now I sit and hope that the remaining 32 are all girls!
fl.gif

They gang is in a Genesis incubator for it's 3rd hatch. The first hatch was excellent, the second was reduced but the preset temp had dropped to 98.5 degrees. I adjusted the presets and the bator has maintained a temp between 99.8 and 100.2 for this batch (unless I have the lid open for candling etc).

Jennifer and the Atlanta chicks

Here's some hatching dust:

...and if you get all girls, let me know how you did it!!! I'm sure that all my favorites from this batch are bound to be boys, because DH says NO ROOSTERS lol

HELP!!!!! I have anoother thread going but noone is answering! I had a very small egg pip 22 hours ago! She has made no progress except to make the hole a teeny bit bigger! When do I help her???????

Back
Top Bottom