Mid-life Crisis or WHAT??

I really didn't read all the posts much after the OP so if this has been answered, sorry for taking your time. When our youngest son was ready to leave home I bought another motorcycle for Barb, my wife. Since the kids are gone we have ridden just about anywhere we chose and then some. The last couple years have been a bit tight due to the economy and changing jobs, but we have tried to have fun. We have been over the Rockies, seen the sunset on the pacific, seen the sunset at 11, 000 feet up in the mountains on our bikes, been all over down south and you folks have treated us Yankees so good...lol. Barb commented on how well we were treated by everyone down south. This has all been on a budget. Sorry, but up here it seems at times it seems like we are interrupting they're free time when we are ordering a meal. I've never had that happen south of the what we like to call the Waffle house/Perkins line.

Anyway, go find some fun, make some fun, discover so fun, but have some fun. You've earned it and go do it how ever you can afford.

I haven't read the responses so I hope I am not repeating something already said. Being a parent means being stuck like glue, right where you are, to make them good, productive, happy, generous, loving, kind adults. Better to be in "jail" for your kids than having to bail them out later.

A good point Deb, a good point... ranch said it another way, but it's the same point.

Ranch thanks for the vote of confidence. I love to make people laugh... seeing as I don't have the patience (ha another pun) for medicine/medical school I work on the Laughter is the Best Medicine prescription. Don't you just LOVE Granny... she might just be my hero behind my Ol' Granny, My Mems and my Gran... I've been very lucky to have some excellent examples in my life... even if I didn't see them often. I mean for pete's sake Ol' Granny helped her daddy make caskets during the depression.. she did the lining, he did the carpentry... as a 'child' by our standards... yet here she is still trucking along... and still 100% takes responsibility for who she is and the choices se's made... and can stand tall (though not as tall as she used to be) when thinking of her children and the people they grew up to be.

Haha, I think I'm having a mid-life crisis.....and I'm only 21!

Sometimes life just gets to ya. During the college semester, most days I wake up, eat, go to class, go to work, do homework, go to bed, and do the same exact thing the next day. I very often find myself wondering if that's all there is to my life! It's difficult to be social with such a hectic schedule but sometimes you just have to make time for yourself! I always feel so much better after I do something I enjoy. Then at least the grind of every day life isn't so unbearable!

The best cure is get one of these.

3-6-10Camero2.jpg

Steve

gig.gif
Boy that makes me think of that "I'm gonna miss her" song... where he chooses fishing over the woman?

I donno, if I had that bad boy in my drive I don't know if all my drooling would be reserved for my SO either.

Ahhh maybe someday we'll get to test that.

Oh...Steve....that...is...so gawgus.

But my mad car is a 40 yr old Citroen DS with the low ride option, tan covertible top, dark maroon body.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom