Midget White vs Beltsville vs White Holland

The White Holland is the largest of the three by far. The Midgets and Beltsville are very close in size but the body shape is just a little different. The BSW's are more rounded, the Midgets more of an elongated body. Egg size will give the Midgets away every time, they lay a very large egg compared to the others.

Steve

Which is more desirable for backyrd grower raising few turkeys for Thanksgiving?

Beltsville or Midget? White Holland is probably too big for smaller family.

Do any of these breeds generally lay sooner than others? Mine have started laying already this year. The eggs seem kinda small though. I bought what was supposed to be white hollands but I keep seeing where these are supposed to be a pretty big bird and mine just don't seem all that large to me. I guess I'll just have to catch a tom and weigh him.

Quote:
I just found this thread while looking for BSWs. So, the MW tastes better than the BSW? Does the meat tend to be firm, like heritage chicken? Does the BSW have a bigger breast than the MW?

Thanks,
Kim

It would be nice if anyone has all three breeds would post a picture of all three side by side so we can see the difference. A picture of them plucked would be great too.

I think we have all seen picture of these breeds and still can't see the difference as you describe, even on your site. I think if I seen them side by side I might see the difference. I think that would be a lot more helpful. Have you taken pictures of them plucked?

Back
Top Bottom