MILE FOUR *Taste Test Guarantee* on Non GMO, Organic, No corn/soy meal Feed

PeepOverlord

Chirping
Mar 4, 2021
Mile Four Feed is offering a "taste test" guarantee on their feed. For $9 you try it, your chicks/chickens don't like it - they refund you.
Here's the link
The 25 chicks I got on 3/11 love the Mile Four feed, and prefer it to any 'crumble'. It ferments well, smells great and there's no junk in it. I noticed spare grains of the M4 feed growing all over my compost pile from dumping their bedding, so I scattered a handful of feed into some tilled garden dirt. It's growing and the chicks run right to it in the morning *om nom nom!*
Whether egg or meat chickens - you're eating what they ate.

nocrap.JPG

That's a good looking feed but way too pricey for my budget. I can get my preferred ration imported from Virginia for about $20/bag. But mine is NOT Corn/Soy free as I like both ingredients in my feed.

There have been incidents of cherry picking causing problems here on BYC when using whole grain feeds. Most folks who do, feed morning and evening and their birds consume everything in a short time.

The feed shown is a bit big for chick feed (if that's what it's labeled). Even the whole grain chick starter I use (Scratch & Peck) is bigger than I'd like, for very young chicks, despite the fact that it's partially ground. And yes I ferment it to ensure the chicks eat the entirety of the feed and not just preferred bits.

@rosemarythyme Me too (ferment). I mix up fresh fermented + feed 2x day. From 1-2 wks old I smushed it a bit with a potato masher to make it smaller. Now at 3 wks, I don't need to.
They barely leave a few crumbs of the fermented mix behind. They have dry feed available all day but are too busy running round, climbing branches, pretending to fly, dirt bathing, eating grass, chasing anything that moves; pecking the dirt, tree bark, grass, weeds.. and eating as many moths/mosquitoes as they can catch before bed time.

FWIW - No, I don't get any discounts from Mile Four , I'm not related in any way, and I don't work for them. I'm just a fan of their feed.
I haven't had to buy meds, vitamins, additives, "treats", supplements, etc.
Right from day one, none of my 25 chicks has had any issues at all. No sickness, weakness, lethargy, pasty bum, sneezing, or diahrrea. They're all active, happy, ugly little feathered dinosaurs.
Mile Four has a guarantee on all their feeds with 10% off.
Code: 10SAVE

@rjohns39 M4 is in Misouri and the closest non GMO to me. I usually have my feed 2 days after I order it. đź‘Ť

@rosemarythyme Me too (ferment). I mix up fresh fermented + feed 2x day. From 1-2 wks old I smushed it a bit with a potato masher to make it smaller. Now at 3 wks, I don't need to.
They barely leave a few crumbs of the fermented mix behind. They have dry feed available all day but are too busy running round, climbing branches, pretending to fly, dirt bathing, eating grass, chasing anything that moves; pecking the dirt, tree bark, grass, weeds.. and eating as many moths/mosquitoes as they can catch before bed time.

FWIW - No, I don't get any discounts from Mile Four , I'm not related in any way, and I don't work for them. I'm just a fan of their feed.
I haven't had to buy meds, vitamins, additives, "treats", supplements, etc.
Right from day one, none of my 25 chicks has had any issues at all. No sickness, weakness, lethargy, pasty bum, sneezing, or diahrrea. They're all active, happy, ugly little feathered dinosaurs.
Mile Four has a guarantee on all their feeds with 10% off.
Code: 10SAVE

@rjohns39 M4 is in Misouri and the closest non GMO to me. I usually have my feed 2 days after I order it. đź‘Ť
Hey! Close! We're in Minnesota, but I'm super glad it arrives very quickly, and super happy to hear you haven't had to purchase meds, additives and all the rest too!

Hey! Close! We're in Minnesota, but I'm super glad it arrives very quickly, and super happy to hear you haven't had to purchase meds, additives and all the rest too!
The girls are now 8 months old and still super healthy. Not one single issue. Still never medicated. They've all been laying since 5mo 1wk old. (Delaware, RIR and Barred Rock).
I made a horrid mistake of trying another popular supposed "non GMO" feed, What a fiasco!! Not only wouldn't my hens, the wild birds or wild animals touch it (ended up dumping the whole sack in the back field and I put a camera on it).. but >10% of the bag was CANOLA/RAPESEED that wasn't even supposed to be in there! Their claim of non GMO is a lie. Their response? "Oh, lol it must have just gotten in there from something else we processed. It happens."
(Ya, not for what I'm paying for it)
And the popular "non GMO" feed wouldn't fermet and never sprouted. It sat there and molded then rotted.
Mile Four feed ferments extremely well, sprouts in a couple days, grows beautifully on its own - and produces more feed greens and grains.
I'm sticking with Mile Four.

The girls are now 8 months old and still super healthy. Not one single issue. Still never medicated. They've all been laying since 5mo 1wk old. (Delaware, RIR and Barred Rock).
I made a horrid mistake of trying another popular supposed "non GMO" feed, What a fiasco!! Not only wouldn't my hens, the wild birds or wild animals touch it (ended up dumping the whole sack in the back field and I put a camera on it).. but >10% of the bag was CANOLA/RAPESEED that wasn't even supposed to be in there! Their claim of non GMO is a lie. Their response? "Oh, lol it must have just gotten in there from something else we processed. It happens."
(Ya, not for what I'm paying for it)
And the popular "non GMO" feed wouldn't fermet and never sprouted. It sat there and molded then rotted.
Mile Four feed ferments extremely well, sprouts in a couple days, grows beautifully on its own - and produces more feed greens and grains.
I'm sticking with Mile Four.
Wow, this is so lovely to read! Thanks so much

Back
Top Bottom