Milk, bread and toilet paper southern style

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by maizey, Jan 8, 2011.

1. maizey

maizey Chillin' With My Peeps

I love the south.. how many of yall had to fight for your snow day staples? Folks were snatching that milk of the shelf as fast as they could put it on from the back, and I just saw on the weather channel where a kroger parked the bread truck out front and just sold it off the truck. Now, I made my own bread..but I needed milk and a few things anyway so I had to jump in it. We'd probably roll over and die if we had to live where it snows all the time..schools are already starting to close for monday, even though we had bright blue skies today and full on panic mode has hit! Its the end of the world as we know it... and I feel fine [​IMG]

2. Chicken.Lytle

Chicken.Lytle Chillin' With My Peeps

This is why I lay in hurricane supplies during sales.

3. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

Yeah...snow in non-snow states is really FUN!! [​IMG] I remember years ago getting maybe an inch of snow down in the Hampton Roads area of Va...around Norfolk...even the fast food restaurants closed down. [​IMG]

4. arabianequine

arabianequine Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2010
    Powered milk works great for a day or too....we don't drink or use much milk anyways.

TP always plenty here I get a 36 huge rolls/big pack at costco and it last months....for $16

5. kburen

kburen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    I understand [​IMG] I have to stop at the store either Sunday or after work on Monday....I'm thinking i'll have better luck Sunday! The snow isn't supposed to start here until Monday night. My principal has been talking about it for a week now....Sure that we won't be in school Tuesday and for who knows how long. [​IMG] That's okay with me [​IMG] I can always use a day or 2 of laying around being lazy [​IMG] But....I'm a big snow lover too!! It makes me [​IMG] even if I don't get off work [​IMG]

6. Cindiloohoo

Cindiloohoo Quiet as a Church Mouse

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    I can make my own bread, we don't use much milk, and we have plenty of TP and everything I keep stocked up on. I hate the crazy crowd that comes out during snow threats [​IMG] I'm always prepared no matter the weather [​IMG]

7. maizey

maizey Chillin' With My Peeps

The funny part is, folks will go stock up even if they dont need it. Like they can't live without milk for a day or two even if they did run out, Its a tradition, all part of the fun of a snow day [​IMG]

8. NellaBean

NellaBean Graceland Farms

Mar 4, 2009
    Broodyland, TN
    My Coop
    Yes, sadly I had to join in today. I did some grocery shopping yesterday but realized I forgot most of the important stuff once I was home. So i went back today to get the stuff I missed. I tried to hit up a Kroger friday at lunchtime and it was UGLY. The entire parking lot was full with people fighting over spots. Craziness. I went back to my taco bell and put it off until another day [​IMG]

9. SallyF

SallyF Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2009
    Middle Tennessee
    Coastal cities are just as bad when a hurricane is predicted. I got used to keeping things in stock when we llived in mid-state NY a long time ago. Haven't had to join the shopping frenzies since then.

10. key west chick

key west chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    Bad thing is, today was my grocery shopping day anyway. Publix was a madhouse. Milk was almost gone and the bread was low. The canned tomatoes were in short supply also. I needed them cause Im gonna make a big pot of soup. And I guess a lot of others were too.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by