Milk, bread and toilet paper southern style

maizey

Songster
9 Years
Feb 23, 2010
Deep in the heart of Dixie
I love the south.. how many of yall had to fight for your snow day staples? Folks were snatching that milk of the shelf as fast as they could put it on from the back, and I just saw on the weather channel where a kroger parked the bread truck out front and just sold it off the truck. Now, I made my own bread..but I needed milk and a few things anyway so I had to jump in it. We'd probably roll over and die if we had to live where it snows all the time..schools are already starting to close for monday, even though we had bright blue skies today and full on panic mode has hit! Its the end of the world as we know it... and I feel fine
lau.gif

Yeah...snow in non-snow states is really FUN!!
tongue.png
I remember years ago getting maybe an inch of snow down in the Hampton Roads area of Va...around Norfolk...even the fast food restaurants closed down.
hu.gif

Powered milk works great for a day or too....we don't drink or use much milk anyways.

TP always plenty here I get a 36 huge rolls/big pack at costco and it last months....for $16

I understand
smile.png
I have to stop at the store either Sunday or after work on Monday....I'm thinking i'll have better luck Sunday! The snow isn't supposed to start here until Monday night. My principal has been talking about it for a week now....Sure that we won't be in school Tuesday and for who knows how long.
smile.png
That's okay with me
wink.png
I can always use a day or 2 of laying around being lazy
woot.gif
But....I'm a big snow lover too!! It makes me
wee.gif
even if I don't get off work
smile.png

I can make my own bread, we don't use much milk, and we have plenty of TP and everything I keep stocked up on. I hate the crazy crowd that comes out during snow threats
hmm.png
I'm always prepared no matter the weather
big_smile.png

The funny part is, folks will go stock up even if they dont need it. Like they can't live without milk for a day or two even if they did run out, Its a tradition, all part of the fun of a snow day
lol.png

Yes, sadly I had to join in today. I did some grocery shopping yesterday but realized I forgot most of the important stuff once I was home. So i went back today to get the stuff I missed. I tried to hit up a Kroger friday at lunchtime and it was UGLY. The entire parking lot was full with people fighting over spots. Craziness. I went back to my taco bell and put it off until another day
wink.png

Coastal cities are just as bad when a hurricane is predicted. I got used to keeping things in stock when we llived in mid-state NY a long time ago. Haven't had to join the shopping frenzies since then.

Bad thing is, today was my grocery shopping day anyway. Publix was a madhouse. Milk was almost gone and the bread was low. The canned tomatoes were in short supply also. I needed them cause Im gonna make a big pot of soup. And I guess a lot of others were too.

Back
Top Bottom