Milk, bread and toilet paper southern style

I KNOW! It was my shopping day tooooo! Del monte canned tomatos bogo at publix on a snow threat...you didn't stand a chance. Besides the bread, milk and tp...everybody gets chilie fixings too! I had a stash of canned tomatos,,but they were bogo so I grabbed the last couple on the shelf anyway

LOL HOw much snow are you guys expecting? 6 inches?
lol.png

I make my own bread, so that isn't an issue. And we don't use alot of milk either. But I did for get the TP when I hit the grocery store Thursday. So I suppose I better get up in the morning and go get some. I can make do with whatever food I have on hand, but TP, can not be substituted!!
big_smile.png

Quote:
8 actually...Plus an ice storm right after the snow. It is a big deal here in the South where it never snows. We don't have trucks to salt the roads which is fine by me. Any day off work for whatever reason, is a good one. Plus all the folks on this road turn into kids again and play like there's no tomorrow.. I love it!!!

Even North Florida doesn't have to worry about snow though we did have an ice storm away back in '89.

It's hurricanes that cause the same sort of silliness as y'all get when the snow comes in. Gainesville is a college town so it can be particularly funny. Four roommates at the register in front of me with eight cases of beer but no water! I did suggest to them that by the time they drank all that beer and ate all those pretzels and chips they might want a drink of water and the light bulb went off.
lol.png

What did I buy? Cookies, actually. We're always prepped for stuff like this, but it's a family tradition that when a hurricane is going to hit that we stock up on all the goodies and junk that we do not ordinarily keep at the house such as cookies, Little Debby cakes, and that sort of thing. "Man, look at that wind! There goes that pine tree in the pasture... Say, how about open that bag of fudge cookies!"

Ms.FuzzyButts :

Quote:
8 actually...Plus an ice storm right after the snow. It is a big deal here in the South where it never snows. We don't have trucks to salt the roads which is fine by me. Any day off work for whatever reason, is a good one. Plus all the folks on this road turn into kids again and play like there's no tomorrow.. I love it!!!

I know.. i remember when i lived in Florida..
They got a dusting and cars were all pulled off the road. My father(who grew up up north) and i....were giggling at them driving by.
So..yeah..8 inches with ice can be a big deal down there. Well..ice is bad anywhere..
hmm.png

get dry milk to do the cooking with have bread in the house at all time buy tp when on sale. stock up with made my own hot cocoa, mix n coffee in the house have extra tank of lp in case the power go out for cooking.

buy a extra bags of pet foods n chicken for the winter months.

and pray that i donot have to go out and drive on icy road with those j ck that dont know how to dive too

Quote:

I know.. i remember when i lived in Florida..
They got a dusting and cars were all pulled off the road. My father(who grew up up north) and i....were giggling at them driving by.
So..yeah..8 inches with ice can be a big deal down there. Well..ice is bad anywhere..
hmm.png

We think it's funny too how everything shuts down.. The best part is watching the Rednecks with their jacked up 4 wheel drives riding around pullin people out of ditches. People just don't know how to drive!!!
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom