Mille Cochin Info

me too! and time to celebrate! today is the 2nd day in a row I've collected 2 eggs from my mfc pen. they've been moulting horribly, looks like someone had fun plucking 20 birds at once! and there's only 6 in there. including a 4 month old pullet. LOL this is Kepiru's big chance... we'll see how he produces. prior to now my main mfc roo was Calico, his sire. but I lost him to predators last month along with one of the girls. I was planning on splitting some girls between them but now Kepiru's got em all. (Kepiru = keeper-roo ;) usually just called keeper) so glad the coon didn't get him too or i'd really be up a creek... but his type is way better than his sire's, so :fl the chicks are even better. Kepiru and a few of his girls... 2 of last years' pullets such a flattering pose! my original trio was Calico with 2 blue partridge girls split mille... 1 is still in the pen, I lost her sister. the rest are pullets from the same breeding. for some reason all but 1 of my girls are blue mille... the blues just seemed to have better type. go figure.
So beautiful. I have no words
X2

love.gif

Sorry to hear about ur loss of ur birds. I too used to battle coons but think I won that war and been going 3 yrs now without a issue. Cant say I dont see coons cause I take care of them 1st before they reach my coop now.

And since I now control to population of coons, I have expanded my coop to (currently 67 birds). with 6 millie/calico roos and 22 millie/calico hens all from different bloodlines. They are my fav and have the most of that color. I have others (barred, mottleds,splachs, solids) and just reciently picked up some english chocolate bantam orphingtons to cross on them. I love my flock and love going in my coop after work each night and just sit there watching them as they are great lil theropy destressers for me after a long day at work.

Excited about some new feathers coming in after molt
Very VERY nice!
Sorry to hear about ur loss of ur birds. I too used to battle coons but think I won that war and been going 3 yrs now without a issue. Cant say I dont see coons cause I take care of them 1st before they reach my coop now. And since I now control to population of coons, I have expanded my coop to (currently 67 birds). with 6 millie/calico roos and 22 millie/calico hens all from different bloodlines. They are my fav and have the most of that color. I have others (barred, mottleds,splachs, solids) and just reciently picked up some english chocolate bantam orphingtons to cross on them. I love my flock and love going in my coop after work each night and just sit there watching them as they are great lil theropy destressers for me after a long day at work.
Welcome! And I totally agree with you, therapy destressers!

Yes, a little girl! Congrats! Very pretty!

Frizzled Pink, you know that is stunning! Can't wait to see those kids maturing up!

Ki4got, lovely, as always!

Mike, gorgeous birds and you really need to be a photographer! I don't know why type of camera you have but even if I had it I do not think my photos could be nearly as good as yours!
Most of you all on here take such awesome photos as to astound me since the birds are already totally fabulous and you take the best of photos to show their beauty!

Don't mean to leave anyone out as I love to come look at all the beauty. Keep up the great work. Maybe in a week or two I will slow down enough to get photos of mine but for now I have birds being shipped in and I am shipping a lot of birds out so I am staying very busy with everything, especially since the days are getting shorter.

Back
Top Bottom