Mille Fleur Bantam Cochins

Fluffer Butters

Chirping
Sep 5, 2020
I have 3 Mille Fleur Bantam Cochin Roosters. I am new to this breed. The younger 2 have green tail feathers. I do have a younger hen, her feathers lean towards the almost all black rooster, but as she grows she is getting more brown and white in the layering. Do they have good markings for the breed? Or are their markings consider a specific coloration? Any assistance is appreciated.

Attachments

• 920ECBFD-D5DC-44DB-81F2-BD5C5F77A7DF.jpeg
    920ECBFD-D5DC-44DB-81F2-BD5C5F77A7DF.jpeg
    428.5 KB · Views: 94
  • D25F4B07-BF02-47AF-A56B-C7F2D69A0017.jpeg
    D25F4B07-BF02-47AF-A56B-C7F2D69A0017.jpeg
    733.4 KB · Views: 49
  • 27E3386C-2000-40A3-A697-A980E4CDC86F.jpeg
    27E3386C-2000-40A3-A697-A980E4CDC86F.jpeg
    1,003.2 KB · Views: 48
I have 3 Mille Fleur Bantam Cochin Roosters. I am new to this breed. The younger 2 have green tail feathers. I do have a younger hen, her feathers lean towards the almost all black rooster, but as she grows she is getting more brown and white in the layering. Do they have good markings for the breed? Or are their markings consider a specific coloration? Any assistance is appreciated.
I can't tell you what their breed standard is, but I can tell you that those are some very fine-looking Bantam Cochins!:love

Those two first pictures look like normal Mille Fleur, and the green tail feathers are normal in all chicken breeds. That's what is called iridescence.

Oh goodness thank you! I can’t keep them all, so I’m torn🥺
You're so welcome! Aw, man!
If I were you, (totally hypothetical) I would keep the pullet, so I could breed her and hatch her eggs, even if you have another rooster available. 😉
And if you are choosing between the two cockerels, I would go for the more orange-colored one.
(But still, totally hypothetical!)

The adult rooster isn’t black, he’s blue. He isn’t mille fleur either, he’s blue with red leakage, though he could be a mille fleur cross. You could try to breed blue mille fleurs with him.

Back
Top Bottom