Mille Fleur Leghorn Thread PIC HEAVY

The chicks posted above look like some are wildtype e+ (with eye line and chipmunk stripes) and some look to be brown eb (solid colored) and there are probably some eb/e+. I am breeding golden mille fleur sussex and at this stage I have a similar situation with eb/eb, e+/e+ and e+/eb. When the e+ chicks get there first feathers they show lots of pattern and are darker, then as the adult feathering comes in they are hard to tell apart from eb. I am suspecting the eb will have cleaner ground color and I am breeding towards that and only time will tell unless someone has experience in this and can give me a heads up.

Thanks

Andy

The chicks posted above look like some are wildtype e+ (with eye line and chipmunk stripes) and some look to be brown eb (solid colored) and there are probably some eb/e+. I am breeding golden mille fleur sussex and at this stage I have a similar situation with eb/eb, e+/e+ and e+/eb. When the e+ chicks get there first feathers they show lots of pattern and are darker, then as the adult feathering comes in they are hard to tell apart from eb. I am suspecting the eb will have cleaner ground color and I am breeding towards that and only time will tell unless someone has experience in this and can give me a heads up.

Thanks

Andy

Sorry Andy the chipmunk ones are my silver penciled plymouth rocks.

My mille fleur leghorns all hatch out buff with my current mating pen.

Your project sounds fun!

Sorry haven't posted here in so long. The new grow-outs are coming along so nicely.

Here's a quick shot I took the other day..

Last edited:
They are stunning!! I so wish I could afford to work with these birds! You are sure doing it right keep it up, Great Job so beautiful!!

They are stunning!! I so wish I could afford to work with these birds! You are sure doing it right keep it up, Great Job so beautiful!!

I'm actually looking for a handful of dedicated and responsible breeders that would like to work with these. I need some people that really want to be in for the long haul as they need still work.

The eggs will be free, but at the moment I only have a young flock as I dispersed all the F2s

I'm actually looking for a handful of dedicated and responsible breeders that would like to work with these. I need some people that really want to be in for the long haul as they need still work.

The eggs will be free, but at the moment I only have a young flock as I dispersed all the F2s
I would like to learn more about this. My favorite breed in my favorite color variety... perfect!

Deann they are coming along very nicely. Great work. I see you have been culling heavily.

Do you have 2 cocks in the pen or just one?

Back
Top Bottom