Mille Fleur Leghorn Thread PIC HEAVY

Here's Milo - our MilleFleur Leghorn from Cheryl. He's so beautiful. I know he's going to make beautiful babies.

This photo really doesn't do him justice:

He's already trying to be a ladies man but not very successful yet... (and still gets henpecked by his mom.)

they are such a pretty breed.
do you know what was originally used to get this pattern?

I wish we knew for sure, speculation by my mentor Dan Honour and many others is that a brown leghorn and speckled sussex were used. From what I have I would suspect that is true. The birds are so much more docile, sweet and curious which I believe comes from the speckled sussex. Heck I've even had them go broody!

Also there are many mille fleur leghorns that exist that have white legs. The few of us that are breeding these now, however have for the most part, eliminated the white leg as of course we are going for a true leghorn conformation.

I wish we knew for sure, speculation by my mentor Dan Honour and many others is that a brown leghorn and speckled sussex were used. From what I have I would suspect that is true. The birds are so much more docile, sweet and curious which I believe comes from the speckled sussex. Heck I've even had them go broody!

Also there are many mille fleur leghorns that exist that have white legs. The few of us that are breeding these now, however have for the most part, eliminated the white leg as of course we are going for a true leghorn conformation.
very nice. I can see that with the sussex. I have a wheaten x partridge penedesenca hen that has a similar pattern would like to try and get that with the pene but with slate legs if that could be done. Do you do Jersey giants? need a rooster

Last edited:
I think it's about time to cull out my Mille Fleur Leghorn pen. I've got way too many roosters and hens, now need to pair divide up the pen. BUT it's really hard doing it by myself. Wish I had extra pair of eyes, OR 2! looking at these with me!

If anyone wants to come to the ranch.... let me know!

Back
Top Bottom