Mille Fleur Leghorn?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by OutInTheStiks, Sep 4, 2009.

1. OutInTheStiks

OutInTheStiks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2009
    Thorn Hill, TN
    Someone earlier posted a topic asking about Mille Fleur Leghorns. I didn't want to hijack their post.

I love the mille fleur coloring but I'm not a fan of beards, muffs or feathered legs. Do the mille fleur leghorns have the mille fleur coloring without all the extra accessories? Or am I totally off base in my thinking? Feel free to help me correct my ignorance if I am mistaken.

2. Happy Chicken Mama

Happy Chicken Mama Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2007
    Florida
  3. LilPeeps

LilPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    SE Mass
    The pattern on the mille fleur leghorns isn't completely perfected yet. There are mille fleur old english. They've got the pattern without the beards, muffs, or feathered legs.

4. amazondoc

amazondoc Cracked Egghead

Mar 31, 2008
    Lebanon, TN
    I'll try to get some pics of my mille fleur leghorns over the weekend. They are very pretty, but mine are not mature yet so their plumage is still developing. HBuehler also has some, but I don't know whether she has adults or not. Maybe she'll also see this thread!

5. Street Eggs

Street Eggs Out Of The Brooder

Jun 5, 2013
    Valley Center, CA 92082
    i know this is a super old post but wanted to send pictures just in case anyone else wanted to see what Mille Fleur Leghorns look like.

and yes no extras (beard, Feather leg, )

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by