Millet

Quote:
I usually just buy whatever wild bird seed mix is on sale at Tractor Supply and they seem to be just as happy with that, (I usually try to get whatever contains a good % of millet, and it's ON SALE, lol).

If you get them eating hen scratch, it will be like crack to them! They come running from every direction when they see me head to the barn because they know they are getting scratch. It's much cheaper than millet.

Quote:
I guess I have snooty Guineas, cuz they won't touch scratch
roll.png
Even the Turkey turns up his beak to it, lol. If I try to be sneaky and mix some in with their layer or game bird pellets and fill their feeders I have to dump them out every couple days, nothin' but scratch left... but at least the goats will hoover it up, lol.

Quote:
roll.png
Even the Turkey turns up his beak to it, lol. If I try to be sneaky and mix some in with their layer or game bird pellets and fill their feeders I have to dump them out every couple days, nothin' but scratch left... but at least the goats will hoover it up, lol.

Well you did say your turkey thought it was a Guinea... LOL
gig.gif
Love them Goaties.... I got four. Little Reprobates.... OMG Scratch is like Goat Crak.

Quote:
roll.png

My turkeys and guineas will just about attack me to get to scratch! The turkeys fight to see who can eat it the fastest out of my hand! You have some of those yuppie cali birds!
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom