Millie Fluer D'Uccle rooster in Swanton, Ohio- Trade or Sale

Now he emailed me and he has none left. I am going to call today to one of the factorie and see what deals they have. My mom doesnt think I should get a factory hen but I want one because it is the only place I can find a hen. It would be all right to have it with my hens wouldn't it?

I am going to make a new post to get all the info I can on factory Hens. Thanks for all of your help Brooster,
Cody

I wouldnt put them with your hens yet, you will want to keep them seperated for about a week, give them a bath and use a lice and mite dust on them, and when you think they are well enough, they can go with the other one. They will peck your little girls tho, but its normal, they have to establish a new pecking order. When you call just ask if they have any old hens for sale, if they ask what they are for, they are for eating, then you can just pick them up and take them home. They might not you to "rescue" them. These birds will be laying when you get them too, you just have to get them clean and get them back to health.

Okay. I have been working on a mini coop that I was planning on selling. I can put them in there.it is about 2ft by 3ft by 2and a half ft tall. Is that enough room for 2 hens?
So when I call, I just ask if they have any old hens and when they ask for what , I say eating? Sounds easy.Did you see my post about factory hens-

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=74242

Thanks brooster!
Cody

Pullet Pimp. Where in Northwest Ohio are you? I think you need a rooster.Take my rooster. He is really nice. He just pecks every now and then. You wouldn't happen to have a laying hen you would want to sell would you? or do you know where I can get a laying hen?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in the Findlay area and No I don't need your roo. LOL. Sounds like a good looking one though, I like the Millie Fluer D'Uccle's <telling myself again "No I don't need this roo">. I just picked up 25 pullets from Ridgeway last week and I think some of my RIR are looking Rooish in the legs already (hope I'm wrong).

Have you tried any of the local county fairs yet. We are in full swing for fair season. I checked Putnam County a few weeks ago and they didn't have much. I know Seneca County (Tiffin) is going on now, we plan to go this weekend, and Wood and Hancock Counties are coming up. Wood County has hens every year for sale for $5-$10. I'll be looking those over this year.

Good luck in your search for a hen and finding a home for the Roo.

Back
Top Bottom