Mind if I smoke? 🥩🍖

Pics
Ok. Any tips on how I start learning about this process? What meats to start with. I'd rather not ruin expensive cuts of meat.

I'm wanting not smoke something before the weekend..no have a ton of meat to choose from purchased when on sale for smoking. I have beef roast, steaks, pork shoulder, two pork loins, riblets, ribs, 3 briskets. I'm just not sure what to start with. Any tips on what would be easiest?

Im have a used smoker, smoke vault, so hopefully my first attempt will be good.

Ok. Any tips on how I start learning about this process? What meats to start with. I'd rather not ruin expensive cuts of meat.

I'm wanting not smoke something before the weekend..no have a ton of meat to choose from purchased when on sale for smoking. I have beef roast, steaks, pork shoulder, two pork loins, riblets, ribs, 3 briskets. I'm just not sure what to start with. Any tips on what would be easiest?

Im have a used smoker, smoke vault, so hopefully my first attempt will be good.
They best way to start is get a good knowledge of the basics then just practice practice practice.

Start with some cheaper cuts of meat so you aren't throwing $$ away.

They best way to start is get a good knowledge of the basics then just practice practice practice.

Start with some cheaper cuts of meat so you aren't throwing $$ away.
Makes complete sense to all the way around cheaper cuts of me and practice I'm just not sure what to start with everything I listed I'm pretty sure was $1.78 a pound at least the pork loin and the shoulder were $1.78 a pound might go back and buy some more. Brisket certainly much more expensive so I don't think I'm ready to practice with that yet

Pork is definitely a bit more forgiving ... cuts like pork shoulder are always good to start with as they have more fat which means it doesn't dry out as fast.
Also resting your meat for as long as possible is a critical part of the process
Can I mix 2 recipes? I was thinking of a marinade pork loin but also a bacon wrapped pork loin ... Seems like the bacon would help prevent drying out.....

(And then there is a part of me wondering if I can do beef Wellington on smoker.. haha

Can I mix 2 recipes? I was thinking of a marinade pork loin but also a bacon wrapped pork loin ... Seems like the bacon would help prevent drying out.....

(And then there is a part of me wondering if I can do beef Wellington on smoker.. haha
You can do anything that's the beauty of it.... please post before and after pics :D

Do I need to trim the pork loin? I would think not but dang, the internet has mixed information
If it was me........

I would be trimming off most of the fat and leaving a thin layer over it... like a 5mm (3/16) layer of fat. The more hard fat the longer it will take to render

Back
Top Bottom