mini-rant - I should be the first to be paid

Quote:
Call the local elementary school and ask them who baby sits in that area, also ask your pediatrician, the nurses at the Drs office etc... heck ask the hairdresser, check out girls etc...

I can see Crusty McPottydoodle's point....these are your/our children. They should come before anything else. Yet most people look at daycare providers as a bill that can be paid flexably. It shouldn't be that way.

If you want top notch providers...pay them!

Quote:
Couldn't he do this with his rent? I would be less inclined to expect this if he were living in a basement suite that helps pay the mortgage for someone's home, but he lives in an apartment complex in a very trendy (read expensive) part of town.

Quote:
Couldn't he do this with his rent? I would be less inclined to expect this if he were living in a basement suite that helps pay the mortgage for someone's home, but he lives in an apartment complex in a very trendy (read expensive) part of town.

My thinking is maybe he thought he could talk to you as a human and not a machine like you get when you call about most bills? I dont know, I know when I babysat, it was my source of income and I needed that. Heck you have to like kids to do it, but darn if I would do it for free lol lol lol

I wonder how any of us with 9 to 5 jobs would feel if our bosses said to us..."Can't I just pay you next month? I just don't have the money this month."

You don't pay...I don't work. That should go for all types of businesses.

Quote:
I believe you can also go to his bank directly and cash it. Then you will not be penalized if it bounces, I think.

hmmmm let me make sure I'm understanding this, pay you first.
The car could wait, I mean doesn't need a way to get there...
The house, geee if he lives on the street won't likely need your help then as Child protective services will probably take the kid.
So you can have your payment on time, instead of going outside YOUR comfort zone and getting a payment on the 15th, GOD FORBID!
I know that it probably means you won't eat that night
roll.png

So the please excuse my MAJOR rant!

Yeah my kids are the most important thing in my life, that is why I provide them with a nice home, a car, and food.
My sitter has taken payments late, because I couldn't pay right then. My husband is a professional who works 60+, I'm a student trying to make it better for our kids. I guess that makes me not care about my kids.
Thank God my sitter does care, and understands and goes out of her way to help me. And why I pay her well, bring her fresh eggs, and would do anything to help them if they were in a bind.
I bet that parent wouldn't help you, you get what you give.

I understand you run a business its not like he 's asking you to do it for free, just rearrange a payment, even hardcore creditors do that and they don't have a heart! I mean you already take a 50% deposit for the last month, so you know they can't stiff you to much.

So please forgive me for being so snippy, but like I said you get what you give, and I pray that if you ever get into a bind that you aren't treated in the same manor or fashion.
there is more I want to say a lot more but I'm afraid that would really tick off the moderators.

Moderators please forgive me, I will not look back at this post, and argue further. But as a mom the post and its holier than thou tone really freaking enraged me, as I have certainly had to make choices of feeding my kids or paying the sitter on time.

Quote:
I agree with Redhen, this could be the case!!!

It likely is, but my point is that the daycare provider is not the bill you rearrange. You rearrange your rent, or your car payment etc.

Quote:
It likely is, but my point is that the daycare provider is not the bill you rearrange. You rearrange your rent, or your car payment etc.

True, you get what you give....and what have these NEW parents given her but problems so far. Maybe if these people were willing to bring Crusty McPottydoodle some eggs and bend over backwards to help her she may do the same for them....

Thats great that you provide tons of nice stuff for your kids, but good daycare should be a priority. What would you rather have...an awsome daycare provider that wanted to be paid on time so that she could in turn provide a place to watch your kids, or someone who was flexable with payment and didn't really care about the welfare your kids? Your choice!!!

Now take a breath and realize that your paying late could in fact cause your daycare worker to pay her bills late...

well said

Quote:

Quote:
I've been in the bind as a single parent, but I sure as heck made sure my childcare was paid on time and in full. That might have meant calling other creditors (like electricity and phone etc) and making arrangements, but never once did I ask my childcare provider to carry me financially even for a day.

If you want to talk priorities, then to my mind, if you can't pay your daycare bill on time, then maybe you don't need the expensive apartment in the trendy part of town.

Back
Top Bottom