Miniature Horses

Mini's would make great friends. However you have to REALLY watch their diet. The tend to over eat and steal food, which can cause tons of problems. NO SWEET FEED!! My mini does best with soaked beet pulp and a hand full of oats.

Also keep in mind that a mini is a bit more work. They need there feet trimmed at least every 6 weeks. Theeth floated etc...

I am aware of all this, thanks!!

smile.png

Wow, Pat's post had me rolling! That was halarious. If minis were "real" horses?!

Anyway, she did have some good advice, although sounds like you (the op) are already a horse person, so you'll be fine. They are pretty much like "real" horses. Other then the over eating thing.

Behaviorly, just like big horses, if you let them run all over you and get away with being a butt, they will take advantage. As long as they are treated like a horse you shouldn't have any problems. My minis are very well behaved, and can be handled by anyone.

As for minis/horses and goats getting along, it depends mostly on the horse, but also the goat(s). I have minis and full sized horses, my pony and mini mares live in the large goat pen. The goats have been moved for the winter, all except one nubian wether (that prefers horses to goats), they all get along great. I've had my mini stud in w/ the goats off and on and he is also good w/ them. He's rowdier then the mares and when he gets going the goats usually wait it out in the barn. Hard to say if your goat will be completely happy w/ just a horse as a companion, the younger the goat is the better I'd think though.

Back
Top Bottom