Minnesota!

I'm happy to report that my injured bird is standing up, mostly as a peg leg, but (s)he is starting to move the injured leg a bit! My small dog/cat kennel has workred well for its recovery.

I have wandering hens. They are laying somewhere, but I can't find it. I want to confine them to the coop/run, but its so stuffy & no electricity in the coop at this time. I need to fix the GFI outlet; I think that will take care of things.

ottbjumper06- I've been stalking the Iowa Blue breed forum for a while now. I've been thinking about contacting karimw to get some next year. Right now I have been having fun 'trying out' different breeds. My grand kids & I really love a colorful flock!

Speaking of grand kids, we have a new future flock master! Leeland, 2 1/2, has been the checker of eggs and the thrower of scratch, now has a baby brother, Wyatt, who he will need to teach the skills of going down to the coop when he is older. I am so fortunate to have my grandsons living with us.

Last edited:
I'm happy to report that my injured bird is standing up, mostly as a peg leg, but (s)he is starting to move the injured leg a bit! My small dog/cat kennel has workred well for its recovery.

I have wandering hens. They are laying somewhere, but I can't find it. I want to confine them to the coop/run, but its so stuffy & no electricity in the coop at this time. I need to fix the GFI outlet; I think that will take care of things.

ottbjumper06- I've been stalking the Iowa Blue breed forum for a while now. I've been thinking about contacting karimw to get some next year. Right now I have been having fun 'trying out' different breeds. My grand kids & I really love a colorful flock!

Speaking of grand kids, we have a new future flock master! Leeland, 2 1/2,  has been the checker of eggs and the thrower of scratch, now has a baby brother, Wyatt, who he will need to teach the skills of going down to the coop when he is older.  I am so fortunate to have my grandsons living with us.

Kari would be a good person to source them from. Myself and a few others breed them as well. Here is the breeder directory: www.iowabluechickenclub.com

I am getting out of the Blue Laced Red Wyandotte breeding. I have some hens and a rooster that I would like to sell. Also, I have a boat load of chicks 3 weeks and younger and more supposed to hatch on Tuesday. Anyone who is interested in some of them, PM me and I will give you more info.
THe one hen is just molting in this picture. I think a couple are starting to do so, and 4 of them are broody at the moment and I will try to break them. I have only 1 Blue hen, the rest are Splash and the rooster is Blue Laced.

its cull the rooster time again. Have a year old rooster who hates the sulmtalers, and if weren't for the rooster, I could combine flocks. so it is time for him to go. I hate hate culling him because he is the most gentle rooster with the hens that I've ever had.

I also have two cockerals from chicks a broody hatched that are about 8 weeks - too little to eat but I really don't want to keep them and grow them out either!

Happy Independence Day everyone
ya.gif

Back
Top Bottom