Minnesota!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by foxhollow, Jul 17, 2008.

1. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler extrodinaire Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota
    Oh and another good thing about having the meeting in Togo....

There is no way we would ever end up at the wrong bar...

1 person likes this.
  2. Cluckies

Cluckies Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jul 3, 2014
    Minnesota
    My Coop
    [​IMG] Terrysgirl!

Hensnhorses, sorry to hear about your girl, hope she gets better very quickly!

1 person likes this.
  3. jbenson

jbenson Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2012
    Getting my butt off the computer and BYC for a bit to go clean the hatcher and get it booted up for tonight's lockdown. Then probably gotta clean the chick condo - those little guys sure do make a mess in a hurry.

4. AmericanKraut

AmericanKraut Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2014
    Minnesota

Thank you!! :)

5. AmericanKraut

Jun 2, 2014
    Minnesota

Can we put togas on the chickens in Togo?

2 people like this.
  6. AmericanKraut

Jun 2, 2014
    Minnesota

I'd be happy just with Tobie's!

7. starbuck123

starbuck123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2015
    I'm lost - is Togo a bar or city? When I was living in CA it was a sub/bagel shop.

Scott - where do you buy your feed and supplies? I think we'll end up going to Fluegel's. I also need to see if I can find a cabinetmaker or wood shop for some shavings. This is going to be a trial and error thing...

8. ejb3810

ejb3810 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2010
    Northern Minnesota
    Togo is a mythical place in the Northwoods of Minnesota. It is a state of mind as much as it is a physical place. As far as a Minnesota get together, Duluth area has much to offer. Park Point, Enger Tower, Lester Park, Canal Park and the Lakewalk, Skyline Parkway, Jay Cooke State Park and the list goes on. This is however not very centrally located to the state of the majority of it's chicken keepers? I would attempt to make such a gathering, but it may be difficult with every thing going on in the non snow covered months.

1 person likes this.
  9. ejb3810

ejb3810 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2010
    Northern Minnesota
    As an addition to my prior post. If a get together was planned for the Minnesota group, it might be possible to incorporate some type of swap or exchange in conjunction with said event. If the event were held in the Duluth area it would certainly be appropriate for DuluthRalphie to act as MC and give a speech.

1 person likes this.
  10. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler extrodinaire Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota

Togo is an old town site. It has taken on mythical proportions after the geographic studies of the late 80's. It was discovered Togo is in the exact center of the universe. Everything revolves or originated in Togo.

The remains of Togo are in the far north eastern corner of Itasca County. All the buildings in Togo are private use now, ( all 3 of them) with the exception of the Togo bar. The bar is at the intersection of Hwy 65 and Hwy 1. It has undergone a few name changes in the last few years, but it is still there, or was last time I was up there. I happen to be one of the lucky ones and own property on a lake near Togo. It is exactly 10 miles to the bar from my door step. However, some of that is private driveway. I have a very long driveway, it is exactly 2 beers long. You can tell my driveway by the barrel full of beer bottles at the intersection with the county road.

I find it easier to go to TSC for shavings than collecting from someone. I have a lot of my own shavings and I use them on chicks but it is a pain in the butt to gather and clean them. In a pinch I have ran a board through my planer for shavings for nest boxes and that works because I get longer thinner shavings.

EJB makes a good point, once the weather gets nice it will be hard for all of us to get together. I am wondering if we should do "area" gatherings. Maybe on a week night, roughly dividing the state into areas and trying to meet each other that way. Maybe we could work on a gathering for everyone next winter at a more central location.

It would be nice to have a directory of all of us, are general location and what type of birds we have. Maybe a facebook or Yahoo groups things that is free and has places to save info. I do not know if we can do that on BYC. If anyone knows how, they should do it...LOL

I was also wondering about making pins that say BYC Minnesota or something on them so if we go to auctions or swaps we would know who each other is..

BTW if there is a meeting in Duluth I would most likely go unless that horses rear Ralphie is the MC.

Thanks for the offer EJB, but I do not do crowds or center of attention well anymore.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by