Minnesota!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by foxhollow, Jul 17, 2008.

1. coldupnorth

coldupnorth Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2011
    N. MN

2. :highfive:

:highfive:

3. Hensnhorses

Hensnhorses New Egg

Feb 15, 2014
    THanks for the insight. I'm hopefull its a bruise or worse case scenario closed fracture which might heal overtime. Snowy isn't mopey or making any of those uptight, miserable noises, except when the other chickens are running around the barn and she's stuck by herself in the pen. She just looks normal, except she's not moving around much. I'll get her some vitamins and will give her some more time in the x-pen to rest. If it doesn't look better in a couple weeks, I'll "do the deed" and probably bury her in the manure pile.

Thanks again.

4. starbuck123

starbuck123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2015
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rhetts [​IMG]

X2 [​IMG]
    Yeah, then I can stop at Gordy's and Tobie's on the way up. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. jbenson

jbenson Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2012
    DH is going snowmobiling in the UP with some coworkers this weekend. What am I doing while he is gone? Hatching more chicks of course. [​IMG] and probably building a pen in the basement for the remaining chicks from the NYD hatch. Just 4 pullets left - sold the rest including cockrels - hoping to end up with just one of them permanently since the other 3 are darker than I plan to continue breeding for. But are nearly too big for my fish tank chick condo brooders and I need the space for my order of Cornish and polish and cochin and whiteface black Spanish (all bantam) coming on the 18th. Gonna be a full house cause I have more d'uccles hatching that day too.

6. Scott16475

Scott16475 Chillin' With My Peeps

I see votes for Lakeville (mine, which I know is a pipe dream. LOL), Duluth, 'somewhere on the Iron Range', North Branch, and Toga. Clearly Toga is the winner. Let's rent a charter plane and we can call it 'Air Coop'.

In all seriousness, I'm game for it being held somewhere up north. I'm not originally from here so you'll have to forgive my lack of Minnesota travel but as far north my family and I have been is Bemidji. The furthest along the north shore was Two Harbors (my favorite town!). Wait....we've been to Silver Bay but not sure at the moment if that's further north along the shore than Two Harbors.

It would be nice to explore a little more of this great state. We've always talked about visiting Ely...

1 person likes this.
  7. Rhetts

Rhetts Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2015
    Northern Minnesota
    Oh I just love the Tobie's pit stop!!!

Yes, Scott, Silver Bay is further north than Two Harbors. Hiking up by Ely is something my family has enjoyed but not in a few years.

We only get further south of Duluth one time a year for a family reunion. We really should 'vacation' our state more. It has so much to see and do!!

8. starbuck123

starbuck123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2015
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Scott16475 [​IMG]

It would be nice to explore a little more of this great state. We've always talked about visiting Ely...
    Yes, there's so much we haven't seen either and I'm native. Work gets in the way of life. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota

After seeing you're not a native I can forgive your calling Togo, toga. Togo is a place to be Toga is a bed sheet and a few too many drinks.

Also as one that did live on the north shore I can assure you Silver Bay is east of Two Harbors, but not as far east as Tofte.

Now that we seriously have Togo in the running It should be stated they have a bar and the Carpenter Townhall is available for rent.......

I have worked and been to most places in the state, it is truly an amazing state with amazing people. The areas are so different, yet somewhat the same, cold in winter!

Last edited: Feb 6, 2015
  10. Scott16475

Scott16475 Chillin' With My Peeps

HAHAHA; I didn't even catch that, duluthralphie. You're right, I meant TogO, not toga. Maybe I'll wear a toga while in Togo.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by