Minnesota!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by foxhollow, Jul 17, 2008.

1. Rhetts

Rhetts Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2015
    Northern Minnesota
    Cluckies- hopefully your girl just needs some rest and then she will perk back up for you. I am sure it can take a lot out of a hen going through what Baby is. How long did it take your other hen do get better with the eggs? Did she ever have any break like Baby's did? I have read and heard from family that liquid calcium is something really good to have on hand when the hens need it for egg binding. Of course, my SIL recommends it for calving cows too but that is another thread [​IMG]. Just a thought on the calcium tho to maybe read up on it and see if it might work for you. Hope she looks better for you tomorrow!

2. Minniechickmama

Minniechickmama Senora Pollo Loco

Sep 4, 2009
    Minnesota
    Are you sure she has diarrhea? Chickens have many different types of poop. She may be just passing a lot more clear liquidy stuff from the stress of what she just went through with that egg.

3. Cluckies

Cluckies Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jul 3, 2014
    Minnesota
    My Coop
    I'm pretty sure she has an impacted crop, checked them a few minutes ago and her crop is still full (4:45 am) the rest of the girls' crops are empty. I may have to take a day off of work today and treat her for that. any good suggestions? i'm reading an article right now on using dulcolax, water, and massage of the crop, every hour until it is moving again. sigh, if it is not one thing, it is another...

4. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota
  5. starbuck123

starbuck123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2015
    Wow - I read these things and feel like I have soooo much to learn. :) I'm sure when the chicks come I'll have more questions for everyone.

6. Scott16475

Scott16475 Chillin' With My Peeps

Me too, Terrysgirl. I have no idea what a chicken crop is.

1 person likes this.
  7. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota

You sound like the person with just the right amount or lack of knowledge to accompany me on a snipe hunt....

2 people like this.
  8. starbuck123

starbuck123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2015
    Does a chicken crop have anything to do with 50 shades of Grey? lol - couldn't help myself. Just kidding. :) Back to chickens, ahem.

1 person likes this.
  9. Scott16475

Now THAT, duluthralphie, is something I know much about so you'll be on that hunt all by your lonesome.

10. Scott16475

HA. The wives in our group of friends is dragging us husbands to that movie on Valentines Day. Not my type of movie but it is Valentine's Day after all...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by