Minnesota!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by foxhollow, Jul 17, 2008.

1. zion1234

zion1234 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 18, 2015
    Peace and Calming
    [​IMG]

2. Cluckies

Cluckies Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jul 3, 2014
    Minnesota
    My Coop
    It may be just that she is getting her laying equipment geared up. My Gold comet when she started laying laid all kinds of weird stuff, soft shelled eggs, long squigly soft shelled egg, she would usually lay them while out free ranging, some they ate, some I could get to. she worked it out in a couple weeks and has not had an issue since.

Now I have another girl that just started laying and she has the soft shelled eggs too. we'll see if she can work it out as well. she seems to be struggling more with it though. she started laying in January, after a week or two she started with the soft shelled eggs, then she got an impacted crop and quit laying for awhile. She started up a couple of weeks ago again, fine eggs for a week or so, then soft shelled eggs, now has quit laying? it is weird.

3. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler extrodinaire Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota

Thanks for mentioning that!

So it is the hens fault after all!!!

Great news I got my first turkey egg today of course it was just lying on the ground next to a waterer when I changed water this afternoon. I assume it is a young ones and not Ethel's. Hers seemed a little creamer in color and not quite so pointy as I recall. AND she hides hers really well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. holm25

holm25 Jr Chicken Wrangler

Apr 6, 2014
    MN
    [​IMG]

5. Rhetts

Rhetts Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2015
    Northern Minnesota
    Congrats Ralphie on your turkey egg!!

Welcome Zion1234 we have quite a great group of folks here on the Minnesota thread. Lots of good info here and great people too!! I am sure you will enjoy it.

6. lightchick

lightchick Overrun With Chickens

Apr 3, 2014
    Minnesota
    Where do you guys get your Cream Legbars?

7. duluthralphie

Jul 11, 2014

From eggs........
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Actually I got mine from Triplell.....

As of today I have 3 in a cage/covered run... 3 eggs 9 days from hatching and 5 on platform carton ready to go in tomorrow..... If I get the new incubator......

8. Bogtown Chick

Bogtown Chick Chicken Obsessed

Mar 31, 2012
    Northern Minnesota
    My Coop
    Cream Legbars are from Triplell. She had a quick reduction of her stock she offered us.

Welcome Zion.

My Cream Legbars have decided to take a hiatus from egg laying as they preferred the wire cage apparently and can't take time out of happy free-ranging to lay one. [​IMG]

9. duluthralphie

Jul 11, 2014

The Creamettes are not laying machines.. I get one egg every other day from my two.. I am thinking of putting a EE to show them it can be done everyday.

I doubled the size of their run to see if that makes them happier and they lay more. I am also going to change to Game Bird layer for them.... anything to get a few more diamond encrusted eggs...

10. zion1234

zion1234 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 18, 2015
    Peace and Calming
    Thank you I am sure I will love this thread

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by