Minnesota!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by foxhollow, Jul 17, 2008.

1. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota

Why choose between them have both!!

1 person likes this.
  2. holm25

holm25 Jr Chicken Wrangler

Apr 6, 2014
    MN
    X2 I would get both!!

3. holm25

holm25 Jr Chicken Wrangler

Apr 6, 2014
    MN
    How old does a rooster have to be to have his spurs removed?? I hate to remove them but we have other male birds that I don't want to get hurt. Our turkey tom is going to have his removed to as he likes to attack the roo and drake.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2015
  4. Scott16475

Scott16475 Chillin' With My Peeps

You know, duluthralphie, I missed that connection. Now it all makes sense.

5. zion1234

zion1234 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 18, 2015
    Peace and Calming
    I don't even know what Togo is. [​IMG]

6. nordicacres

nordicacres Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2015
    South Central MN
    So sad this morning! Two of our chicks were dead when I checked on them. They were healthy yesterday - no signs of illness. I wonder if those fat Cornish meat birds sat on them and suffocated them :(. One of them was the freebie from MMM - a super sweet little Cochin who would run to you and cuddle up in your hand every chance he got.

Should I separate the Cornish from the layers? I'm worried about restricting the feed for the layers, anyway. Plus I don't want any more dead chicks! Those Cornish are already twice the size of our other chicks.

7. duluthralphie

Jul 11, 2014

It is easy to find just find a map of the universe and it will be in the exact center of the map.....

Holm Why are you taking the spurs off? If you free range which I think you do you are disarming your flock. Unless I had a rooster that was a complete,.... well you know what.... I can't say it cause of my double secret probation for swearing......... I would not disarm them. Those spurs could be the thing that give your hens the time to hide in case of a predator...

It is natural for a male to fly at another male spurs out during this high testosterone time of the year. Unless he is actually damaging another bird I would let it go.... I have one jake that I worry about not because of his actions to other birds but because of his actions to people. I am going to remove his spurs just below the head at about the C-4.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2015
  8. nordicacres

nordicacres Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2015
    South Central MN
    Togo is a small town in Northern MN. It is also an African country. However, neither places sound amazing to me, so . . . ;)

9. duluthralphie

Jul 11, 2014

I separated mine until they were a coupe weeks old With CX you want to restrict feed the other guys need as much as they want. I doubt the CX's hurt the others it is more likely they were just non-starters It occurs.

10. zion1234

zion1234 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 18, 2015
    Peace and Calming
    Yeah i don't live there my brother put that as it cause i am into essential oils and that is one of the oils i like.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by