Minnesota!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by foxhollow, Jul 17, 2008.

1. Cyrus83

Cyrus83 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2013
    Chisago/Forest Lake
    I started with a new company recently and I'm getting 40hr pay checks for the next two months for staying home. So naturally my honey do list is a long one. This first week at the new house I have been a painter, and hopefully next week I can put my tool belt back on and finish the coop. I want to part off a section of the coop to use as a brooder area, and I need to put another window on the south side for more winter sun.

2. sycoleman

sycoleman New Egg

Apr 2, 2015
    Does anyone know a good Orpington Breeder in Arkansas?

3. nordicacres

nordicacres Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2015
    South Central MN
    Why Arkansas? Wrong thread?

4. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler extrodinaire Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota
    Yep, I am going to use a key chain type chain, so it breaks easy if she gets it caught on something.

5. duluthralphie

Jul 11, 2014

Arkansas, Blue Earth they are both about the same..... [​IMG]

6. Bogtown Chick

Bogtown Chick Chicken Obsessed

Mar 31, 2012
    Northern Minnesota
    My Coop
    Nope...not altogether familiar with Arkansas way up yonder here.... But I bet if you check with some Arkansas Thread you might get some feedback.

7. Bogtown Chick

Bogtown Chick Chicken Obsessed

Mar 31, 2012
    Northern Minnesota
    My Coop
    Ralphie...On the Bert Baby-Daddy question I want to say a good 2-3 weeks of honeymooning with Bert only. Then start picking the eggs for a "go".

8. Dandelioness

Dandelioness Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2014
    East Central MN
    Wow, a lot of catching up to do!

Welcome to newcomers and returning friends.

Sorry to hear the hatching issues, especially Minnie! I may wait a year on the Buckeye eggs, since you will be short. I hope you can figure all that out. :(

Ralphie, I buy whole feed oats (for horses, I think) at the local, non-chain feed mill for $11 per 50# bag. I use them in my feed mix and even grow some as forage for the hens. The local field mice go ape for them, too!

How much is a bag of oats where you are? I thought oats were pretty cheap, but now I wonder...

9. Drea07

Drea07 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 1, 2015
    Isanti County, MN
    Just wanted to say hello!
    New to BYC and just got new chicks and ducklings a week ago, have more ducklings coming in a week. Never owned chickens or ducks before, so please forgive any ignorant questions I may have. [​IMG]

10. duluthralphie

Jul 11, 2014

If I get it from a farmer I pay around 5-6 bucks for a bushel. (@ 32 lbs test weight) I thought it was 12 bucks at the local feed store I assume theirs is 32lbs oats but not sure. From the farmer is 18 cents a pound, the feed store is 22 cents a pound. That saves $4 a hundred, If my math is right.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by