Minnesota!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by foxhollow, Jul 17, 2008.

1. Dandelioness

Dandelioness Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2014
    East Central MN
    I'm getting the same math, but no direct from the farm option at the moment. I think it's great you have a source like that, even occasionally -

2. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler extrodinaire Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota

Yeppers... I keep looking and hoping, BUT I will most likely end up at the same feed store buying oats,,,,sigh,,

3. Drea07

Drea07 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 1, 2015
    Isanti County, MN
    I would love turn this into a coop. However, I don't have a way to move it and not close to Isle. Best part...it's free to the person who is able to move it off the guys property. So if anyone in MN lives close or has the means to move it, it may be a new coop.

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ank/zip/4970591922.html

4. rainin22

rainin22 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 29, 2013
    St. Francis, MN
    Omg you have no idea how much I was wishing I had a way to get that to our place! We've been so tight with our budget and have had so many projects to do since moving into our place -_-

5. Rhetts

Rhetts Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2015
    Northern Minnesota
    Hi and welcome Drea07!!

Having chickens and ducks are super fun!! You will enjoy them I am sure!

6. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler extrodinaire Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota
    Nice coop, But would be a hassle to load and move. Rainin. We are close enough if you can figure out how to load and haul It, I might be able to give you a hand.

Rhett, I think I got all my eggs today! I have 30 hens, not counting Creamettes,
    I got 24 eggs from in the coop
    4 eggs in the nest I took all the eggs from, I would think 28 eggs for 29 means no hidden nests, today...

I got 3 turkey eggs from my 3 turkeys in captivity and 1 guinea hen egg from the turkey pen. The guineas can come and go from the pen, but they get in there and think they are stuck...

Now on the bad side. I found 5 eggs and 1 turkey egg on a nest under some scrap iron on my scrap iron trailer... No idea how long they have been there. I look there all the time, but I just don't remember when I last looked. I put the eggs on the turner for the incubator, if I have room on Monday.

7. rainin22

rainin22 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 29, 2013
    St. Francis, MN
    ralphie you're way too kind! unfortunately we don't even have a truck. We've been getting lumber to build the run lately by taking two of our cars and loading it in strange ways lol We've been very creative with it even using the seatbelt to hold down lumber...

8. Rhetts

Rhetts Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2015
    Northern Minnesota
    Woot Woot Ralphie for all your eggs!! Mine, on the other hand, must be taking the day off. That is fine, they are entitled to some time off I suppose. ;)

9. Cyrus83

Cyrus83 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2013
    Chisago/Forest Lake
    My hens have gone five for five for four days straight on the egg laying. I think they are feeling good about the new living situation.

1 person likes this.
  10. Bogtown Chick

Bogtown Chick Overrun With Chickens

Mar 31, 2012
    Northern Minnesota
    My Coop
    Welcome @Drea07.

That building is to die for! Heavy one though...Yikes. I see some boards on the bottom would need to be replaced....but heck that's nothing! Good looking building.

Ralphie...I'm jealous of your haul of eggs today. Today there were NO eggs at my place. not one single solitary one. I haven't had that since maybe December or January. What the heck?! Oh well. I stopped in at my friends and we candled her buff laced polish and my 2 CLB eggs. Movement in all the eggs. Saw a foot push up on the egg shell! Amazing. No pipping into the air sack yet. 2 more days.

I saw a Timber Wolf cross to our side of the highway about a mile a way. That stuff always makes me nervous...but knock on wood we've been lucky in that regard not having those buggers visit. I also saw a flock of Wild Turkeys this evening. Always fun to see those guys.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by