Minnesota!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by foxhollow, Jul 17, 2008.

1. Bogtown Chick

Bogtown Chick Overrun With Chickens

Mar 31, 2012
    Northern Minnesota
    My Coop

I know what you mean. I'm sweating bricks outside and it's only in the 60's. Can barely stand it. Lol. I told DH that I'm a cold weather person last winter. I yip about it but I have to say I don't think I could live in the south.

2. Bogtown Chick

Bogtown Chick Overrun With Chickens

Mar 31, 2012
    Northern Minnesota
    My Coop

You probably don't want to know what she did with the males. :( but hopefully she found a source who'll raise em up for meat at least.

3. Drea07

Drea07 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 1, 2015
    Isanti County, MN
    Thank you so much for the information! I want to learn as much as I can and this helps a lot. I did pick up the book Storey's(?) Guide, since it seems to be getting some very good reviews on BYC as a very good reference for people like me.

I can see already how having chickens and ducks is addictive....think I may already be addicted. Just got the rest of my duckies in the mail this morning!! I'll fit right in...my family thinks I have gone a bit nuts.[​IMG]

4. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota
    Quick Question:

Why would my diamond encrusted eggs have air sacs that migrated from the top to the side?

5. holm25

holm25 Jr Chicken Wrangler

Apr 6, 2014
    MN
    I'm so proud of my broody Cochin bantam!! She is almost done with this batch 1 week till hatch day!! I know lots can happen in th e last week but I am hoping for the best!!

Also I might have some hatching eggs for sale. They r super pretty eggs and out of super pretty hens and roo. They r barnyard mix out of EES, BR, BA, BO and NHRs and the roo is a Welsummer I might just hatch them and sell chicks but I am running out of room!!

My broody!!
    [​IMG]

6. bantiesrule

bantiesrule Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 1, 2008
    Long Prairie, MN
    Hey Ralphie, it's tomorrow so now you can learn what we learned yesterday. Of course, you'll have to go back and find it because I forgot what it was. [​IMG]

7. duluthralphie

Jul 11, 2014
    I learned yesterday, starters for john Deere 445's should not be purchased from a John Deere dealer....$301!! versus 150 or so online.

8. bantiesrule

bantiesrule Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 1, 2008
    Long Prairie, MN
    Oh oh, you might want to learn this instead. Alot of eggs will do this, I think it is caused by the chick moving into the right position to get his egg tooth were it needs to be to start pipping out. Don't worry, it's natural.

1 person likes this.
  9. nordicacres

nordicacres Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2015
    South Central MN
    Ugh, these chicks need out of my house! We have them in our attached greenhouse and they are STINKY despite constantly cleaning up after them. Worst part is that I cannot get an electrician out here to run power to our coop. We've called two different local guys who say they will show up and then never do! We have terrible luck with tradesmen. Last Fall I called THREE different plumbers and not a single one ever showed. Four weeks old Friday! At this rate they will be fully feathered before we get anyone out here, haha!

10. duluthralphie

Jul 11, 2014

Oh great! Now that I have learned this, I am done for today.

I was hoping to learn how to get my tractor running, I guess that will have to wait until tomorrow now....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by