Minnesota!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by foxhollow, Jul 17, 2008.

1. jbenson

jbenson Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2012
    Here I was seeing those of you posting new puppies and thanking my lucky stars for how healthy our pets are only to come home yesterday to find the kitty had had some kind of accident and would not make it through the night. The dogs are trying to comfort me, but it isn't the same since they don't purr. I have had this kitty for basically my whole adult life (15 years) and besides when I was in college dorms, I have had a cat my whole life so this is a huge change.

2. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler extrodinaire Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota

I am sorry to hear this my daughter lost her cat recently that she got in college, she had had it for 17 years, it was devastating for her, I assume it is for you too. Condolences to you. May the emptiness fade fast.

3. Bogtown Chick

Bogtown Chick Chicken Obsessed

Mar 31, 2012
    Northern Minnesota
    My Coop
    So sorry jbenson. They weave their way into the patterns of routine in the house and when they go there is a hole left. Kitties live so long too. I imagine you are feeling quite a loss. We are mainly dog people here and don't have a cat. But when I go to other peoples homes with cats I do enjoy the the kitties that rub up against a leg and the affection and purring.

Last edited: May 8, 2015
  4. Cluckies

Cluckies Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jul 3, 2014
    Minnesota
    My Coop
    So very sorry for you loss [​IMG]

5. Cluckies

Cluckies Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jul 3, 2014
    Minnesota
    My Coop
    Could be one of the chickens moving the egg, maybe the broody one is trying to get them in her nest, but drops them?

6. Bogtown Chick

Bogtown Chick Chicken Obsessed

Mar 31, 2012
    Northern Minnesota
    My Coop
    Usually it is another chicken moving them about.

7. Rhetts

Rhetts Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2015
    Northern Minnesota
    Just had to jump on and tell you all how excited I am!!! The hummingbirds are here!!!! I will be back on monday to catch up and read the hundreds of posts I am missing.

1 person likes this.
  8. aussiegal318

aussiegal318 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2012
    Minnesota
    Thanks D-Ralphie. At the Rogers John Deere dealership they told me to till it (only about an acre+), however they don't rent 5' tillers. I have a JD3032 tractor but hate to buy something for a one time use. I checked up in Monticello & they didn't have anything available. It's not on the priority list unfortunately.

I went out today to find where the Icelandics have been hiding eggs. Turns out it wasn't just the little girls but also the Buckeye. I found 16 eggs under an overturned stock tank. Nobody is broody. Any suggestions as to what I should do with them? I'm guessing they have been there abut a 1-2 weeks because there are 6 buckeye eggs. I know I can always scramble them for dogs & chickens.

9. lalaland

lalaland Overrun With Chickens

Sep 26, 2008
    Pine County MN
    jbenson, so sorry to hear about your cat. It is such a hard thing.

10. lalaland

lalaland Overrun With Chickens

Sep 26, 2008
    Pine County MN
    aussiegal, if you know the eggs aren't more than a couple of weeks, they are still good. If you are unsure, do the float test....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by