Minnesota!

Here I was seeing those of you posting new puppies and thanking my lucky stars for how healthy our pets are only to come home yesterday to find the kitty had had some kind of accident and would not make it through the night. The dogs are trying to comfort me, but it isn't the same since they don't purr. I have had this kitty for basically my whole adult life (15 years) and besides when I was in college dorms, I have had a cat my whole life so this is a huge change.

Here I was seeing those of you posting new puppies and thanking my lucky stars for how healthy our pets are only to come home yesterday to find the kitty had had some kind of accident and would not make it through the night. The dogs are trying to comfort me, but it isn't the same since they don't purr. I have had this kitty for basically my whole adult life (15 years) and besides when I was in college dorms, I have had a cat my whole life so this is a huge change.

I am sorry to hear this my daughter lost her cat recently that she got in college, she had had it for 17 years, it was devastating for her, I assume it is for you too. Condolences to you. May the emptiness fade fast.

So sorry jbenson. They weave their way into the patterns of routine in the house and when they go there is a hole left. Kitties live so long too. I imagine you are feeling quite a loss. We are mainly dog people here and don't have a cat. But when I go to other peoples homes with cats I do enjoy the the kitties that rub up against a leg and the affection and purring.

Last edited:
So very sorry for you loss
sad.png

ok, i've got a mystery.

A few times in the past month I've found an egg on the coop floor - at least some of them were from older hens who know perfectly well where the nests are. but tonight there were 4 eggs jin the center on the floor. Not in a nest. Someone went broody today and was sitting on a nest but that still left 5 or 6 nests open..... how would I know if I have some kind of critter moving the eggs? I don't know if I am missing any, I usually get between 14-18 eggs so if some were taken I wouldn't necessarily know. I just don't understand why there are eggs in weird places?
Could be one of the chickens moving the egg, maybe the broody one is trying to get them in her nest, but drops them?

Aussiegal if my son had not stolen my trailer I would come down and till your garden. I have a 445 john deere garden tractor with a 5 ft tiller it works good on small gardens, I even do my 3 acre field with it.

I went to Runnings today to get feed for the birds. I have to go to Florida for a few weeks so I am trying to get things lined up so my DW can take care of my birds when I am gone. I might have made an error there. They had white and Bronze turkeys 2 for the price of one. I know my turkeys will be too small at Thanksgiving, so, I bought 2, which means I got 4... I hope it was a safe move.

BUT they made me sign a book saying I was getting poults for the USDA, it is like gun registration! Now I need to go make a brooder for them. Silly me, I am hoping my DW does not notice I actually bought turkeys.

I wish I had not found a local runnings store, it is dangerous for me.

Thanks D-Ralphie. At the Rogers John Deere dealership they told me to till it (only about an acre+), however they don't rent 5' tillers. I have a JD3032 tractor but hate to buy something for a one time use. I checked up in Monticello & they didn't have anything available. It's not on the priority list unfortunately.

I went out today to find where the Icelandics have been hiding eggs. Turns out it wasn't just the little girls but also the Buckeye. I found 16 eggs under an overturned stock tank. Nobody is broody. Any suggestions as to what I should do with them? I'm guessing they have been there abut a 1-2 weeks because there are 6 buckeye eggs. I know I can always scramble them for dogs & chickens.

Back
Top Bottom