Minnesota!

Every day I bring in a fresh bunch of Löwenzahn, they love to pick though it and nestle in the leaves. I can't wait to have them outside.

Do you speak German?

@scandiafowl you'll want 1/4 inch hardware cloth. Be prepared for the sticker shock. It's what keeps out these particular vermin. Chicken wire is childs play to raccoons and the like. They can bite right through it. If your birds are spending tons of time in a run then invest in the hardware cloth. If they are free ranging then that's up to you.

Mike: they love dandelion leaves (especially if you pluck it for them) and ticks too. Although mine snubbed a tick here the other day. Spoiled rotten...I guess.

Hey all..

Hi to newbies and welcome.

I am tired and beat. If I EVER mention I am going to rent out any house/home I own, would one of you please come hit me along side the head with a 2x4;
If I ever do anyone a favor, please remind me I will get screwed in the end...

I rented my house out down here to some people I felt sorry for. She had just gotten diagnosed with breast cancer and they had lost their house in the bubble burst . I rented them my home, a nice 1500 ft home on the river 10 minutes by boat to the gulf of mexico. It has a spa that overflows over a water falls into my pool. I had solar heat on the roof in addition to a heater.

NOW I need to rip the solar panels off, They filled up with gunk/algae from them not taking care of the pool. The pool water looks like pea soup with big chunks,,,,,

The door to one of the bedrooms is missing, Their son kicked it off it's hinges when he was mad at his girlfriend... (who doesn't do that stuff when they were young?) Yep that's the reply I got when I asked what happened to the door....

There are holes in the walls in 4 rooms about 10 total, Same incident, He was really mad you know......

The window above the kitchen sink is busted, looks like a bat went through it...

The glassware stovetop was white it is now crusty burned black... MY new granite countertops are chipped in a dozen places...... I am not happy, I miss my chickens,,,

I have two boat lifts that need new motors and gears.. OH You're suppose to oil them?

I could have rented the place as a vacation home peak season 2-3 K a month... off season 1200.... I felt sorry for them, I let them have ot for 800 a month with no damage deposit....He promised to paint the house.....Must have sold the paint I bought him.......

IT is going to cost me 15k to get the place fixed up again,,,,,, Some Please come kick me now......

ON a the good side, I have lots of new babies at home. MY wive said... I forget what all she said, I know she said a couple more creamette girls and a small Toad.

TTYL,

Hey all..

I am tired and beat. If I EVER mention I am going to rent out any house/home I own, would one of you please come hit me along side the head with a 2x4;

I rented my house out down here to some people I felt sorry for. She had just gotten diagnosed with breast cancer and they had lost their house in the bubble burst . I rented them my home, a nice 1500 ft home on the river 10 minutes by boat to the gulf of mexico. It has a spa that overflows over a water falls into my pool. I had solar heat on the roof in addition to a heater.

NOW I need to rip the solar panels off, They filled up with gunk/algae from them not taking care of the pool. The pool water looks like pea soup with big chunks,,,,,

The door to one of the bedrooms is missing, Their son kicked it off it's hinges when he was mad at his girlfriend... (who doesn't do that stuff when they were young?) Yep that's the reply I got when I asked what happened to the door....

There are holes in the walls in 4 rooms about 10 total, Same incident, He was really mad you know......

The window above the kitchen sink is busted, looks like a bat went through it...

The glassware stovetop was white it is now crusty burned black... MY new granite countertops are chipped in a dozen places...... I am not happy, I miss my chickens,,,

I have two boat lifts that need new motors and gears.. OH You're suppose to oil them?

I could have rented the place as a vacation home peak season 2-3 K a month... off season 1200.... I felt sorry for them, I let them have ot for 800 a month with no damage deposit....He promised to paint the house.....Must have sold the paint I bought him.......

IT is going to cost me 15k to get the place fixed up again,,,,,, Some Please come kick me now......

ON a the good side, I have lots of new babies at home. MY wive said... I forget what all she said, I know she said a couple more creamette girls and a small Toad.

TTYL,
I hope you have learned your lesson! Be an a-hole means people don't do that kind of stuff to you. Unfortuately, I am too soft for my own good most times too.

We rented a condo in Jax that we owned when we got transferred to Va. Beach. We lucked out and had good renters, but it was still a pain in the butt. We sold it as soon as their lease was up. Never again, especially if we didn't live close enough by to check up on things. And for what it is worth, if our kids ever did crap like that, after I gave them a thorough butt whooping, they would pay all damages out of their own pocket. So, I am with you, WHAT is wrong with people? Sadly, our generation is one that is extremely guilty of producing so many kids who think they are entitled and who are lazy and lack any inkling of what work ethic means. I have a friend that own the local fast food eatery, and she was ready to pull her hair out today because her employees haven't got a clue. The word respect has been lost on too many young people. It is amazing! and then the parents act like your hard luck cases and think that it should just be accepted for kids to be like their son. It is NOT okay.

Hey all..

I rented my house out down here to some people I felt sorry for. She had just gotten diagnosed with breast  cancer and they had lost their house in the bubble burst . I rented them my home, a nice 1500 ft home on the river 10 minutes by boat to the gulf of mexico.  It has a spa that overflows  over a water falls into my pool. I had solar heat on the roof in addition to a heater.

The door to one of the bedrooms is missing, Their son kicked it off it's hinges when he was mad at his girlfriend... (who doesn't do that stuff when they were young?) Yep that's the reply I got when I asked what happened to the door....

The window  above the kitchen sink is busted, looks like a bat went through it...

The glassware stovetop was white it is now crusty burned black... MY new  granite countertops  are chipped in a dozen places...... I am not happy, I miss my chickens,,,

I could have rented the place as a vacation home peak season 2-3 K a month... off season 1200.... I felt sorry for them,  I let them have ot for 800 a month with no damage deposit....He promised to paint the house.....Must have sold the paint I bought him.......

TTYL,

I feel for you, growing up my parents did not have much, we lived in a rental owner by my parents friends and we did everything imaginable to keep it as nice if not better than it was before we moved in. Fortunately my parents were able to save up enough to buy a house of their own after awhile. Since I have recently bought my new place im in a dilema to either rent out my old trailer house or sell it. What you mentioned is what scares me I dont think I could have my property and my investments in someone elses hands. Luckly the roommate I have has offered to buy it and I will GLADLY sell it to him.

I cant imagine your frustrations with your lessee. I feel for you.
Mike

Oh Minnie!! What terrible news about the weasel!  I hope you are able to get it soon!! Just devastating!

We had small piles of snow in the dark shady covered areas this morning.  But the sun was shining so brightly I have hopes it will warm up soon.  As far as getting into the garden goes, it is so saturated with the last rains it will be weeks before I can get in there!  The ground can't hold any more water right now so it is sitting on top.

The bear situation: after many phone calls to talk to the 'right' person the in laws were told that they no longer live trap to relocate the bears.  They will come out and try to scare it away which is something they have all ready tried with many of the men and shouting and shooting off guns.  My sister in law said that it is not afraid of people.  She did ask if they were allowed to shoot it if it got to be a problem.  The sheriff said by all means if you or the kids are in danger yes.  And they are putting it on file that she called about a nuisance bear so it should go over better if it had to be shot.  Really that doesn't make me feel any better.  We are being extra diligent to keep up on anything that might invite unwanted guests.

We (my parents) had a resort on Lake Vermilion and if we had a bear the DNR was out in a Flash to bag it and cub if it was a mother. Some times the mother had to be shot and the baby taken into care. We had lots of bears and very dangerous on a resort with guests and small children. It may have helped that my dad was drinking buddies with policemen and Rangers ( the DNR Type)

Back
Top Bottom