Minnesota!

That's horrible! I had a bit of a chicken chase myself this morning. Definitely not fun. I just about left her out, but I knew the hawks were around. She's lucky I like her : )

What a bad daughter I am.. I thought it was funny. My mom said the chick sat on a large world map they had laying on the coffeetable in the sunroom, as if he was planning his escape.

I guess I should have mentioned that the brooder is in the sunroom, not anywhere where the chick could have gotten outside...

Hey all! I hope everyone has been enjoying this weather as much as I have. I spent the better part of yesterday and today finishing up my coop run. It is 10x12x8 with buried hardware cloth 1 ft in the gound. With my very minimal carpentry experience and the lack of new lumber(a lot was recycled wood)
I am pretty pleased with the way it came out. The poles on the north side of the run are 2" higher to provide slope if I were ever to put any type of roofing over it, besides hardware cloth. Next thing to do will be to work on the inside of the coop and get that ready to go! Im excited to move the girls out here. Only six more weeks!!

Awesome setup!

Ralphie I am quite sure you recall what the cotton falling from the Aspens looks like. I believe that there was a discussion last winter regarding falling coconuts. I suspect you should be very watchful down there because the probability of being struck by one and its doing substantial damage to your own coconut is a reality.

@cottonlouie Hi!! and welcome to the MN thread! A great place to connect with other folks dealing with some of the same issues. You said you are north of Duluth, me too!

Back
Top Bottom