Minnesota!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by foxhollow, Jul 17, 2008.

1. gofeedthegirls

gofeedthegirls Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2015
    Thief River Falls, MN

I guess I had never thought about it... I suppose in time it would rust but I have a few memories of ripping barbed wire, chicken fence, and all sorts of fencing out of the ground on old pasture land and I know that wire had been there in the ground 15 plus years.

2. gofeedthegirls

gofeedthegirls Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2015
    Thief River Falls, MN
    T

Thank you, Holm

3. Minniechickmama

Minniechickmama Senora Pollo Loco

Sep 4, 2009
    Minnesota
    Maybe you should count the days just in case she is in hiding? I hope that is the case. Losing any birds sucks if you ask me.

4. Cluckies

Cluckies Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jul 3, 2014
    Minnesota
    My Coop
    Cutest photos ever!

5. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota

I never thought of this for Fern! BC Fingers crossed she is broody and hiding.

I know if and when my birds decide to leave, I will assume they are on a nest. (of course, they would have to learn to go broody first)

The one I have that is broody, besides having a bad attitude, according to my DW, is down to 5 eggs, she kicked the other 5 out. DW says she flies at her and gets PO"d when she just changes her water.

EJB!! I have a DEAL just for you!!

Get off your millions! You could own 3 palm trees of your own! Contact me for details. Just think your own personal tropical hideaway, complete with serfs, for care taking!

Be sure to wear your hard hat, to avoid falling objects.

6. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota
    oh.. I forgot, Welcome new guys!

Nice picture of the fluffy with babies..

Fuzzy cream bars is out, new name for CCLxcochins crosses is simply Cream Puffs.

DW will start making them in a week if I am not home, She says Thelma and Louise are great birds and very friendly, My mother even went and visited them the other day for an hour, cause they seemed lonely in jail..

Thanks for the great birds Minnie..

They are moving to the Creamettes pen on the 31st, That is 21 days jail, I decided to give them 10 days off for good behavior.

7. ejb3810

ejb3810 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2010
    Northern Minnesota
    Ralphie, I appreciate the offer of a special deal, but must respectfully decline. I have spent time in Florida and am not particularly enthused about it there. Too much humidity with the heat and too many unpleasant critters of many types.

8. scandiafowl

scandiafowl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2015
    Minnesota

Ah yes, I have scars to prove it. The reason I asked is another forum brought up the issue.

9. scandiafowl

scandiafowl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2015
    Minnesota
    @FoxyChicken

The middle photo is my favorite, such a grumpy-lookin' little face!

10. FoxyChicken

FoxyChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2013
    NE MN
    Two weeks old today! I love the feather patterns that are coming in on these girls! They're not far from that awkward stage though...

[​IMG]

4 people like this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by