Minnesota!

Anyone have hay for sale in South Central MN? Near Mankato/Cleveland area? This year has been terrible with the drought.

Hey fellow Minnesotans!
I'm doing some research on what type of birds will be able to stand the extremes of our climate. I have a few breeds of chickens in mind that I may want to own, but I was wondering if anyone owns quail. Do they handle the summers and winters well in Minnesota? Do they get along with chickens?

If anyone has quail, I would love to hear from you!

Thanks,
MirandaMarie

Hey fellow Minnesotans!
I'm doing some research on what type of birds will be able to stand the extremes of our climate. I have a few breeds of chickens in mind that I may want to own, but I was wondering if anyone owns quail. Do they handle the summers and winters well in Minnesota? Do they get along with chickens?

If anyone has quail, I would love to hear from you!

Thanks,
MirandaMarie
I've had Cortunix quail and Bobwhites. They handle the summers fine and winters if in good shelter (coop). They cannot be kept with or by chickens because they are very vulnerable to diseases that chickens have. I've lost a few just by hatching them together.

I've had Cortunix quail and Bobwhites. They handle the summers fine and winters if in good shelter (coop). They cannot be kept with or by chickens because they are very vulnerable to diseases that chickens have. I've lost a few just by hatching them together.
Oh wow, I'm really glad I asked. Thank you so much for the information!

~MirandaMarie

I don't have any Qual but I do have different breeds of chickens, Barred Rocks-Rhode Island Reds-Red Sexlink-Black Australorps. They all do fine in the winter and the summers. I do offer more ventilation in the summer with fans for more air movement.

Hello everyone. My name is Phil and I'm starting a tiny coop of layers this spring (3 chickens max by city ordinance) here in the suburbs of minneapolis. I'm excited to meet some fellow enthusiasts and attend some swaps. I'm also a tropical fish enthusiast and breeder with over 20 tanks.

Hello everyone. My name is Phil and I'm starting a tiny coop of layers this spring (3 chickens max by city ordinance) here in the suburbs of minneapolis. I'm excited to meet some fellow enthusiasts and attend some swaps. I'm also a tropical fish enthusiast and breeder with over 20 tanks.
welcome-byc.gif
and have fun with the layers this Spring. This is a great place to find out answers to just about any question you have about chickens.

Back
Top Bottom