Minnesota!

@KlopKlop

You need to learn to have the 2 fingers closer to the top of glass and not near the bottom. It lasts a lot longer that way.

I hope you dog will be alright. That injury sounds alot like what happened with mine, except within in a month she had a tumor the size of a softball on her shoulder.

I just got back from the cities picking up a puppy. Starting tomorrow life is going to be a lot more interesting.

hopefully she grows up to herd chickens like a champ and scare away the predators.

Amy- The guineas are not for me but for DH. I am willing to sacrifice my tick population for his benefit/pleasure. And the road that runs right in front of my house doesn't get too much traffic so perhaps the guineas might come out of their depression and not try to commit suicide all the time.
Ralphie perhaps your tick population is too low to sustain them and they need to devise plans to thin the flock for the sake of the rest of them.

Help!! I have a fast question about quail. someone asked me to take a dozen 3 month old qail off their hands. Can they live in mn over the winter? Do they need heat? anyone think I should run as fast as I would from Ralphie's guineas? should I take them? am kind of tickled at the idea of quail eggs but have absolutley no info but bet someone here does.

off to search the forum before checking back for any advice!

Well.... I dont know much about quail. BUT if u r anything like me u would take them because u always want more birds!!!

I would take them too. They are all kinds of vids you can watch on youtube. From what i have seen, basically mini chickens, keep them dry and draft free and they should be fine.

I am not 100% sure about this, but i seem to remember a few warnings about keeping them separate from chickens due to some disease that can be past from quail to chickens

you can always just eat them if you find they are not what you want to do.

Yesterday I noticed on of my grandpas "steers" is actually a bull. When he was banded only one teste got in the tight band or the band slipped or snapped. Now we have to figure out how to rebamd a 150-200 pound bull calf. yikes

Back
Top Bottom