Solved Minor Issue with page count

Discussion in 'Site Problems, Issues, & Guides' started by silkiecuddles, May 15, 2017.

1. silkiecuddles

silkiecuddles FortheLoveofSilkies

Mar 1, 2015
    Florida
    When I go to the very last page of a thread (I tried a few and they all did it) there were no posts. Simply the bar with the page number option. And the bar is doubled, as pictured. I assume that that is an accident?

Attached Files:

2. Razadia

Razadia The Odd One

Apr 7, 2011
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I noticed the same thing on threads that haven't been posted in yet.

3. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

4. silkiecuddles

Mar 1, 2015
    Florida
    I'm on Safari. I restarted the app and it still happened. Only on mobile, tho, as far as I know.

looking closer, I see that it only happens on threads that have an even amount of messages by tens (210, 40, 660, etc.). It's not as weird a problem when I see it that way, but it's still slightly odd :p

ETA: what I mean by 'it's not as weird a problem...' is that it's set to show 10 posts per page

Last edited: May 15, 2017
  5. Run Wild

Run Wild Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2016
    I have noticed the same thing as well, when you click on the last page on a thread there aren't any posts, only the reply box...

6. Razadia

Razadia The Odd One

Apr 7, 2011
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Computer, Windows 10 Home version 1607, OS Build 14393.1198 (if that even matters)

Browsers are Firefox 53.0.2 and Chrome Version 58.0.3029.110 (64-bit). Both screenshots are how it looks before and after all add-ons/extensions were disabled and caches were cleared. Achieved by clicking on the last page numbers for the thread when on the first page of the thread.
    Firefox:
    one.png Google Chrome:
    two.png

Hope this helps, Nifty.

casportpony and silkiecuddles like this.
  7. MattW

MattW Technical Admin Staff Member Premium Member

May 15, 2017
    Rotherham, UK
    This should be fixed now.

casportpony and Nifty-Chicken like this.
  8. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Brilliant work @MattW !!!

9. silkiecuddles

Mar 1, 2015
    Florida
    :/ Still there, at least on this thread in particular.
    If it makes any difference, this thread has 52,200 posts and is set to show 10 posts per page. So it ends on even. You follow? I'm going to see if any other even ended threads are like this...

ETA: skimmed through a few other threads. Looks like this is the only one still like this :)

Attached Files:

10. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful Premium Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    Loving the color...and I love the arrow to go back up, or back down. Oh the little things that make us happy. Not sure what a couple of things are up there..I will admit, I have not read the introduction..must read. I have been on BYH..glad I did that, I have pretty much everything figured out..except..doing the pm..checked my inbox..nothing there..maybe you are still working on that part. So far, I am really liking it. :) Thank you for the hard work here everyone!

Nifty-Chicken likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by