Miracle Baby!

If you do a search for "grits" on this site you will read several interesting posts that grits can be used to kill ants.
I guess they eats the grits, swell and die. I don't have an ant problem-just a snake one
sad.png

congrats on saving him he is one lucky little chick. I would put either shavings or paper towels down on the bottom of that tub though. He could get spraddle leg if he has no traction under his feet. Good luck!

OK I put out the grits, the chickens love them. They were a little jealous that I was putting them on the lawn instead of in their pen. Will let you know how it works.

Phoenix has a couple of friends. I found a chick outside that was limping pretty badly, no idea where he came from, he didn't match any of the others in size. He may have been left behind by a wild hen. Anyway, he won't survive outside alone like that and he's too small to put in with the bigger chicks, so he became playmate #1 for Phoenix. Will post a picture of him later.
DSC04452.jpg

Second chick (above) hatched from cold eggs that Mama had abandoned. I put them under a light for heat, not really expecting them to hatch. This little guy hatched out last night, weak as can be, but I had fed and watered him and today, he's looking pretty perky, except for when he falls into the water dish like he did here.
The next little guy was the baby of a wild hen. It breaks my heart to see the wild hens come with fewer and fewer babies every day, so I capture every one that I can and put her in a pen with her babies until they are big enough to protect themselves. This little baby looks like he's in a UFO ship!
DSC04463t.jpg

Back
Top Bottom