Miscovy duck

Miscovymom94

Hatching
Nov 2, 2023
Hello my name is Alana I have a male miscovy duck . I found him when he was a baby and raised him . He is about 3 to 4 years old now . He behavior has always been good. He recently molt his feathers and today he behavior was off . It wasn't like him at all he won't let me near him he runs away. I usually keep him in a huge dog kennel outside and he went in his home place and he kept running into every wall and then hide in his house. I picked him up and held him but he doesn't move a muscle or a peep like he is scared of me . 30 minutes ago he was fine now all of a sudden acting weird is this a sign of anything? Can anyone help . I tried to post a photo or a video but won't let me .

wow that's sad , I dont know either but Im sure someone with more experience will be here soon to help.... I wonder if he ate anything weird or if a predator came by and almost got him (just scared him maybe?) I hope he will be okay

edit to add --
to add a video you have to first post it on a hosting site like youtube or vimeo, then paste the link here

wow that's sad , I dont know either but Im sure someone with more experience will be here soon to help.... I wonder if he ate anything weird or if a predator came by and almost got him (just scared him maybe?) I hope he will be okay

edit to add --
to add a video you have to first post it on a hosting site like youtube or vimeo, then paste the link here
Yeah it's weird I normally water the flowers on the side of the house and he stays in my yard he never leaves . We do have people that never keep there dogs on a leash behind us in the back yard , but I didn't hear anyone scream or let there dogs out , but I did see my duck eat grass in the yard , maybe he ate something ? I brought him inside and put him in my bath tube for 15 minutes alone and came in and he is still freaking out like he is scared of me . The only thing I can think of is if someone spooked him .

Yeah it's weird I normally water the flowers on the side of the house and he stays in my yard he never leaves . We do have people that never keep there dogs on a leash behind us in the back yard , but I didn't hear anyone scream or let there dogs out , but I did see my duck eat grass in the yard , maybe he ate something ? I brought him inside and put him in my bath tube for 15 minutes alone and came in and he is still freaking out like he is scared of me . The only thing I can think of is if someone spooked him .
I hate when people let their dogs run wild . From what I have read on here it seems to me like most predator attacks on chickens and ducks are from neighbors dogs! Be very careful <3 <3 <3
and btw I was wondering, Does your duck have a friend duck?

I hate when people let their dogs run wild . From what I have read on here it seems to me like most predator attacks on chickens and ducks are from neighbors dogs! Be very careful <3 <3 <3
and btw I was wondering, Does your duck have a friend duck?
Yes it make me so mad that people do that . No I don't have a friend or a mate for him cuz I'm afraid to have more babies and not sure what to do with them I can't keep more .

Back
Top Bottom