MISS BIG WILL BE OK

erinm

Posting For A change
12 Years
Feb 24, 2007
Central Massachusetts
Well afetr the dog attack that took 4 of our birds, we have a survivor. Miss big appears to be Ok as much as she can be. She had 2 scrapes, missing alot of feathers but was up and around today after lolling about yesterday.
She ate and walked around the run and was much steadier on her feet!
i don't think she can flap her wings though. she hasn't tried and I swear one felt " crunchy." And she did not attempt to go on the roost tonight either. She went into the isolation kennel i had her in last night.
But she is eating and clucking and her comb isn't pale anymore and she looks bright eyed! I should change her name to survivor, because I guess she was preety beat up when my husband found her. i thought she was a goner.. I found a small scratch on my leghorns head upon an inspection of everyone, but very superficial.
I think the dog is gone already. i did not hear or see him today and he barks alot so would have heard if they still had him. he reassured me he was going so i hope his word is good because
I don't think my heart can survive that again. My husband buried them on the hill where they were found.

GREAT!
clap.gif
woot.gif
yippiechickie.gif

Evern so you might want to be on your gaurd. the same thing happened to us on a lesser scale and we still have to deal with it.

She is running around like nothing happened today and she did flap her wings so even if some smal bones were broken she can move them so hurray!
big_smile.png

Yep she is a lucky girl. No longer destined for the dinner table either. if she survived that she deserves as long of a life that she can have. My husband misses barrey the barred rock. I will have to get him another one at some point. erin m

Back
Top Bottom