Missing A Chicken?! :'(

sarastamand

Songster
Jan 25, 2019
Grantham, NH
I think I already know the answer.... but they don't just wander do they? She's been missing for about the past four hours and I just put my other girls to bed as it's getting dark here. Something got her though, didn't it? :hit

Do you have a fence around your yard with a gate? If so, was the gate open and maybe she wandered out? I'm sorry to hear about your lost chicken, but don't lose hope! A friend of mine's chickens were lost for about a day, turns out there were under a bush near the house the whole time. I hope you find yours!

We don’t have any roosters and we haven’t found any eggs yet. They just turned 18 weeks on Tuesday. They are completely free range when we are home. We were about to leave to get a pizza, but that’s when we noticed she was “missing” and not concerned at that point. We looked around in the usual places we find them and didn’t see her.

We don’t have any roosters and we haven’t found any eggs yet. They just turned 18 weeks on Tuesday. They are completely free range when we are home. We were about to leave to get a pizza, but that’s when we noticed she was “missing” and not concerned at that point. We looked around in the usual places we find them and didn’t see her.

Well, I hope that she's ok, and come's back home. If she does, maybe you should keep an eye on her?

Don't give up hope. I had a hen who came up missing every evening and showed up each morning. We have a lot of wildlife here in the woods surrounding our house so I was scared to death. My husband found her nest in the woods after 3 days of this. After we took the eggs and locked her in the run for a few days she settled down and stopped running away.
I hope you find your girl.

Hi, Sorry you are concerned about your missing hen. Like others have stated,
do not give up hope yet. As maybe something startled her, and she found somewhere
to hide. Then could not find her way back, bless her. Because the others went before
her, and she got a bit scared. Have you any dogs, hanging around ????, like your neighbours, ect. yet again you would notice feathers, or heard something. I really hope
you find her soon, fingers crossed. :love

Back
Top Bottom