Missing bird, did she just leave?

Aug 1, 2023
Howdy. I am in Ohio, and we just had heavy wind/ thunderstorms, and I can’t find my Guinea Fowl. I know she weathered the storm, because I saw her later that day. But now I can’t find her, and even when I looked in neighboring property and deep in the woods, all I found out of the ordinary were some groundhog/ woodchuck skulls. I haven’t heard her call or seen her in a day. Do you think something’s got her, or do they just run off sometimes?

My neighbor has a bunch and she keeps hers penned with a roof. One day one of hers got out and it came over here. It stayed by our coop for a couple of days, mostly quiet. Our neighbor knew she was here and joked that we could keep her. We didn't want her so tried to chase her, but she'd fly into the woods behind us. It was about a week later the neighbor told me she came home. I do not know where she was for that week though as I hadn't seen her. I guess they just do that.

I hope yours shows up.

My neighbor has a bunch and she keeps hers penned with a roof. One day one of hers got out and it came over here. It stayed by our coop for a couple of days, mostly quiet. Our neighbor knew she was here and joked that we could keep her. We didn't want her so tried to chase her, but she'd fly into the woods behind us. It was about a week later the neighbor told me she came home. I do not know where she was for that week though as I hadn't seen her. I guess they just do that.

I hope yours shows up.
I hope so too. She likes to wander, but usually I can hear her call.

Back
Top Bottom