Missing Guinea

Edw@rd

Chirping
May 22, 2018
A couple hours ago I noticed 1 of my Guineas wasn’t with the flock. I searched around my property with the flock by my side and had no luck. They are all just over 2 months old and free range during the day. There is a million hiding places, but my ultimate fear is a predator took it. Any advice, or should I just give up? Thanks, Ed

mine was almost a year old before she sit, and being a guinea, she took off in woods. she would sit on nest at night and be missing from the coop, but during the day periodically I would see her with her mate eating with the flock. Being that young and free ranging I am suspicious too...any signs of feathers laying around?

A couple hours ago I noticed 1 of my Guineas wasn’t with the flock. I searched around my property with the flock by my side and had no luck. They are all just over 2 months old and free range during the day. There is a million hiding places, but my ultimate fear is a predator took it. Any advice, or should I just give up? Thanks, Ed
It’s probably not laying thats way too young, she could be exploring my cockerel would go off for hours and just appear with the flock later in the evening, so hopefully she will re apear but if she doesn’t I would look one more time right before sunset because she may me trying to find her way back before it gets dark. Hopefully you find her

No, Guineas don't lay until at least 16 weeks. They do, however, roam for a long ways during the day. Our neighbor had guineas and they would come all the way to our barn. That's 20 acres from their home! I also found eggs on our property in different locations. I sure hope she comes home this afternoon and she didn't get caught by a predator. Best wishes! :fl

Back
Top Bottom