Missouri Poultry Clubs?

It doesn't look like it. I've not found a big Missouri presence here. Where are you located? I'm in SW Missouri, in the small town of Republic, 9 miles west of Springfield. I'm a newbie here and in the process of building my first coop. I've gone way overboard with the design. It will eventually have a green living roof with plants, and automatic door that is solar powered, auto gravity feeder and similar watering system. I'm still trying to figure out how to keep water system heated during the winter, that's why I'm not in a big rush, pending design issues. It's currently about 60% done. Hope to be 100% by spring. What do you have?

Vetai, I'm not too far from you. I live in Lebanon. I have mainly polish and some others but I intend on getting LOTS of Wyandotte eggs soon from a gentleman in IL. I would love to see a poultry club start nearby. I think it would be fun.

dang, too bad im way north of ya'll, id join in a heartbeat if you made one, but i bet its a lot of work. but all i have chickens wise is hatchery stock, im supposed to be getting 5 silkies from a man south of Jeff city, so i guess that counts for something
smile.png

Quote:
Maybe you can try posting this on the Missouri link in"Where am I? / Where are you?"

I'd be interested in a Missouri club as well. I know that there are chicken shows held at the Missouri Fair Grounds out in Sedalia.
I went on a South St. Louis Chicken Coop tour last fall. I was surprised that most people I talked to were unaware of BYC.

Quote:
I go to the State Fair every August but have never been out there for one of the MPA shows. Of course I always walk through the show in the Poultry Barn during the fair.

When are the MPA poultry shows?

I'm in Buffalo, Mo. Here is the information below. I don't know if there are any smaller, local chapters but this is the active one for Missouri. I'm going to the show in Cape Girardeau, Mo. in March. Anyone else going?

Missouri State Poultry Association, Inc.
Emphasis: Exhibition Poultry

Officers:
President: Ken Conaway, Brookline, Missouri
Vice-President: Ben Phillips, Sedalia, Missouri
Secretary/Treasurer: Bernita Miller, Windsor, Missouri
Board of Directors:
Kim Cash, Henley, Missouri
Jerry Church, Clarks, Nebraska
Mark Cunningham, Cairo, Missouri
Steve Dixon, Raymore, Missouri
John Hicks, Brighton, Missouri
David Huddleston, Kingsville, Missouri